Free To A Good Home-Cyclone

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Following the recent Cyclone threads I decided to make my own to investigate the pros and cons. I was very pleased with the way it turned out (and performed!) but I really don't have the shop space to house it. I am also not ready to plumb in my machinery yet. :roll:
So, free to a good home. One cyclone-4 inch inlet, 6 inch outlet. No motor, just the cyclone housing, cone and dust collection bin. Just add your own dust collector to power it.
Only thing-you would need to collect it. It breaks down into two sections so could fit in most large cars.
PM me if interested.
Cheers
Philly :D
phillycyclone.jpg

By the sound of things you did not follow Bill P to the letter like me. You are now considered to be a bad boy and giving it away will not absolve you of the crime. Ha ha !!
Philly show us a picture to determine how bad your crime is???
Barry

Philly I knew you were a bad boy - where is the 1.6 to 1 cone to body ratio . Why is your inlet ramp at 90 degrees to the cyclone body?
Did you build an air ramp?
Don't use gaffer tape use PVA glue and spray it with hammer finish paint - it looks if you welded it. Oh well - it will work much better than Tony's extractor.
Barry

Barry Burgess":3sluynum said:
Oh well - it will work much better than Tony's extractor.
Barry

Not if Philly made it :lol: :lol:

Oddly I don't remember when you came round to measure and test my extractor and thus be able to make accurate and meaningful comparisons Barry. I must have been out that day :wink: :D

Cheeres

VeryNaughtyTony

Tony with your .5micro bag Phillys would win hands down. Philly's construction will be first rate . I don't need to visit - the hammer and your dovetails convinced me.
Barry

Excuse me , sir ... but does that also come in Small............
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats almost as big as my workshop!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
but Thanks for the offer Philly, just let me know when your getting rid of something a littler smaller..

So whats needed to make this baby work then ? I just plug things in and make wood things so make it simple please :lol:

JFC":1nfnicmq said:
So whats needed to make this baby work then ? I just plug things in and make wood things so make it simple please :lol:
It will work best with a 2HP extractor. A 6" hose from your extractor to the top of the cyclone and connect 4" pipe to the inlet on the side.

JFC
I used one of these to power mine-worked great! I tried my smaller 4 inch dust extractor as power source but it didn't really have the "suck".
Have a read here about my tests.....
Cheers

Philly, I keep hearing these good things about you and your factory, but I'm not sure about the way you treat your tools. I notice the way you store your back saw, not a good idea. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well spotted Gary! :lol:
I didn't notice that-It had just had some oil applied and was in the vice drying.
Nice one,

Back