free pdf - Temple Thorold on Wood Turning from 1867

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toolemera

Established Member
Reaction score
http://toolemera.com/Books & Booklets/booksuseoftools.html

I'm usually upstairs in the Hand Tools area but I thought this latest addition to my website would be of interest here:

free pdf download: Temple Thorold - The Lathe And It's Uses; Or, Principles And Practices Of Plain Turning, 1867.

I pulled the entire serialized article from my copy of Routledge's Boy's Annual of 1867 which was purchased just to get this article. What can I say, I have a problem with books.

It's the last item on the web page.

Gary

you will probably have your post removed by the 'Copyright Marshall' that patrols this forum any time soon, you have been warned..

stevebuk":fn7xm7rk said:
you will probably have your post removed by the 'Copyright Marshall' that patrols this forum any time soon, you have been warned..

Ok but I'm a bit confused as to why? The Toolemera site has been up and running since 2006 as a free site. The Shop is a secondary site as is the Blog but the primary site has been sitting there for years.

If I've run afoul of the rules, my apologies. There was no intent to do so.

Gary

stevebuk":3qrzg39v said:
According to Wikipedia USA copyrights prior to 1923 have expired.

Bill

Toolemera":3hnetwd7 said:
.........If I've run afoul of the rules, my apologies. There was no intent to do so.

Gary
No problem with stuff out of copyright Gary, problems only arise with stuff that is still copyright and being commercially distributed by whatever means, be it official re-prints, DVD's paid for download or transmitted on air etc.

Some magazines/publishers will give permission if they have no further commercial interests in stuff several years old but there is always a need to check with publisher first if the timescale is within the statutory copyright limits.

CHJ":3su8tmql said:
Toolemera":3su8tmql said:
.........If I've run afoul of the rules, my apologies. There was no intent to do so.

Gary
No problem with stuff out of copyright Gary, problems only arise with stuff that is still copyright and being commercially distributed by whatever means, be it official re-prints, DVD's paid for download or transmitted on air etc.

Some magazines/publishers will give permission if they have no further commercial interests in stuff several years old but there is always a need to check with publisher first if the timescale is within the statutory copyright limits.

I was thinking the problem was the addition of the for sale column on the right of the web page! I don't reprint anything under copyright (ex-research librarian so I'm well up on copyright laws), try not to post anything under copyright on the free site and keep a copyright disclaimer on the site just in case.

Gary

Latest posts

Back