Fox Morticer - *** ELECTRICAL WARNING ***

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockingmoment

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.
I bought one of these a year or so ago - really good bit of kit.
However - it arrived with a damaged Stop / Start station. Rutlands supplied a new one really quickly (A*). When I fitted it, discovered the earth was connected via a very short 3mm dia screw, with about a thread and a half - and the alumnium it was tapped into was stripped anyway.
Told Rutlands - they told Fox, who eventually contacted me, thanked me, but then...... nothing!
Beware! To check, just disconnect from the mains, removed the cover and give the earth cable a little tug. If it comes away or is loose you need to get it repaired before you use it again. Remember: disconnect first!
Hope this helps,
Sean

Hi Sean

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the advice.

Cheers
Neil

Edit: After discussion with Sean I've moved his post to a new thread to highlight to all Fox users.

Reminds me of other foreign muck :)

Once took a tool apart of some far eastern manufacturer and found the mains cable was not anchored to a chassis but the cable knotted to the chassis without any clamping :twisted:

matt":v0fe4uln said:
Earthing via Aluminium sounds a bit odd too - not the most conductive metal...

Aluminium is a good conductor, both of electricity and heat, almost as effective as copper, a lot of overhead power distribution cables are made from it to reduce weight, just very prone to corrosion if not anodized or protected in some way from moisture.

Latest posts

Back