Fox Morticer - *** ELECTRICAL WARNING ***

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockingmoment

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all.
I bought one of these a year or so ago - really good bit of kit.
However - it arrived with a damaged Stop / Start station. Rutlands supplied a new one really quickly (A*). When I fitted it, discovered the earth was connected via a very short 3mm dia screw, with about a thread and a half - and the alumnium it was tapped into was stripped anyway.
Told Rutlands - they told Fox, who eventually contacted me, thanked me, but then...... nothing!
Beware! To check, just disconnect from the mains, removed the cover and give the earth cable a little tug. If it comes away or is loose you need to get it repaired before you use it again. Remember: disconnect first!
Hope this helps,
Sean

Hi Sean

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the advice.

Cheers
Neil

Edit: After discussion with Sean I've moved his post to a new thread to highlight to all Fox users.

Reminds me of other foreign muck :)

Once took a tool apart of some far eastern manufacturer and found the mains cable was not anchored to a chassis but the cable knotted to the chassis without any clamping :twisted:

matt":v0fe4uln said:
Earthing via Aluminium sounds a bit odd too - not the most conductive metal...

Aluminium is a good conductor, both of electricity and heat, almost as effective as copper, a lot of overhead power distribution cables are made from it to reduce weight, just very prone to corrosion if not anodized or protected in some way from moisture.

Back