Fox Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pip

Established Member
Reaction score
I've looked through numerous posts and discussions on this and other forums looking for someone who has (or had) a Fox F28-186 bandsaw.
I have other Fox tools (lathe and thicknesser) and am quite happy with the quality of them.

The Axminster AWSBS2 gets good reviews, as does the SIP 10inch, BUT, the Fox is cheaper and has greater cutting depth,(150mm v 120mm)

Is there anybody out there who has experience of this saw?, reading reviews is all very well, but there's no substitute for word of mouth, especially if it's from someone who knows what he (or she) is talking about!!

Thanks In Anticipation.
pip

Thanks for that it would be nice, top end of my budget, do you know which model it was (is), as I can't find anything about it on site and won't be able to 'phone until tomorrow.
pete

Hi pip i bought the fox your talking about,and in the end it went back.
6" cut not a chance in hell maybe 4" at a feed rate of an inch a minute!!
I bought the axi sbs, think it was about £350 on offer.750watt motor.

Thanks Andy, will have a re-think about the Fox, measured up for the Axi, not enough room in my garage, so will have to stick to a benchtop model, may even go to Screwfix for their cheapy, to put me on untill i can make more room.
Hey Ho!!
pete

Back