Fox 16" scrollsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing at all wrong with the AWFS18 blade clamps, but the previous owner thought they were quick release and they are not (from the blurb on the returns sheet that came with the saw). Not a problem for me as I do not do that many piercing cuts, and I believe the Hegner quick release clamps fit if I ever feel the need...

As to the Diamond, its a combination of a couple of niggles - it very big so doesnt fit nicely on my bench, its noisy, particularly at high speed, and the fact that the blade can cut in 360 degrees means forward alignment can take some setting up. Since it was a second hand bargin from e-bay I can't comment on newer saws, and to be honest I haven't had a major play with it to see if I can improve matters. It and I didnt gel and I havent had time to get to know it any better as it were :oops:

Steve.

Many thanks Steve. I gues I just keep looking, however it will have to wait a couple of weeks so the refund clears, that may give one of the worthy readers of this forum time to remember the old "doorstop" they replaced with the bright new shiny that sits on their bench :lol: Hey there's nowt wrong with hoping is there?

Hi Keith,
Looking again at your photos, the clamps are NOT the same as the SIP.
On the SIP, the hex bolt that tightens the clamp is further up and further back than the top of the blade.
I would have thought that whatever make of saw you bought, if it uses pinless blades, they have to clamped somehow.
On the SIP, these blades fit in the same slot as pinned blades, and a hex bolt at the top and bottom clamps, simply clamps the blades.
Once you've tightened the bottom clamp, you need never touch it unless changing blades.
As for inside cuts, release the tension lever (just flip it up), stick the t-wrench in the top clamp, one twist and the blade is released. Drop your wood onto the blade, put the blade back in the slot, one twist of the t-wrench tightens the clamp. Drop the tension lever down, and start cutting!
At the moment, I can't think of a simpler method.
Bruce

Hi all ,
Delta on ebay, 2 speed with quick set blade change Item number: 280152345824 . can't get better for the price IMHO ,!!!

---------------Frank-----------

Sssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Frank don't tell everyone :lol: Seriously many thanks to you all for your valued input, I'll take a look at both choices and see what happens.

Regards

Keith

Back