Forum users' Table saws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Les Sayers said:
Hi again.

Just bought a Makita 2704.

Nice so far - needs a few modifications; but they will have to wait for the warranty to expire.

Anyone else out there got one? I would be very interested in your views.

Les

New member.

I've had a 2704 for a year or so now. Generally very pleased with it.
Only real complaint is the motor shaft length isn't sufficient to take
stacked head cutters.

I bought a 'fine' (60tpi) blade which I've used since I bought it. Leaves
a really nice finish.

Bit noisy, but generally very pleased.

Have fun building all the jigs to go with it!

A recent job needed some rabets. Lots of time needed to figure it out,
quite a few mistakes along the way, but this is to remind me!
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/nodesets/entries/070930.html
For a set of cutlery drawers.

Dave

I have the new Axminster TS-200

Been using it a couple of weeks now. Very nice saw for the money. Very smooth and quiet.

Sold my EB TKS15 for £100.00 and purchased an Axminster TS200, well pleased.
Rich.

I have had an Axminster TS200 for over a month now and it,s certainly raised my game as far as accuracy and a sliding table are concerned, for £278.00 and free delivery I am well pleased.
I also have a Macallister t/s from B/Q that I have turned into a dedicated router table.
Regards Rich.

I have a Bosch GTS 10. That will make a grand total of 2 in the survey!
Not a cast iron beauty but I love it and copes well with my novice attempts at the lovely art of woodwork. Out of interest, does the term woodwork encompass all of the various branches ie. cabinetmaker, joiner, carpenter etc. or is the term insulting to some?
Cheers,

Gower

Delta TS350 10" Shop Master
My major issue when I purchase equipment is space. This one does a great job for it's size. :p

Gower":2i7yk9de said:
I have a Bosch GTS 10. That will make a grand total of 2 in the survey!
Not a cast iron beauty but I love it and copes well with my novice attempts at the lovely art of woodwork. Out of interest, does the term woodwork encompass all of the various branches ie. cabinetmaker, joiner, carpenter etc. or is the term insulting to some?
Cheers,

Gower

I'd be interested in hearing more about your (or anyone else's) experiences with Bosch GS10. It's about the only well-known make of saw available here in Israel. Unfortunately, none of the dealers have one set up for me to see! It's expensive here, but I am not impressed with the much cheaper Chinese junk I've seen - accuracy and a decent fence and mitre gauge are very imporant.

You can PM me if you like. Funny enough your name jumped out at me as I am originally from Swansea.
Henry

another GTS 10, good and powerful but mighty noisey, didn't know about induction motors before i bought it otherwise i would probaly have gone for something else

1) Whitehead Junior (Cast iron, Ex-school). Recently converted to 3-phase 2.2kW motor plus ABB inverter. Spindle speed can now be pre-set for different blade diameters.

2) Scheppach TS2000 + bits

Hi

You can up the BT3000 count to 3 - I have now acquired one and after some rebuilding is just about as close perfect as possible.

Well pleased.

HI just signed up

I have an Egurko Ortza se 260 Panel saw and a Scheppach Ts4010 which is mainly used as a rip saw

Back