Forum Special Offer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Just a reminder that the offer closes at midnight tonight, so get your orders in soon!!!!

A big thanks to all those that have supported the offer.

Cheers

Richard

Hi,

I have just received my order from Richard.

The Hope arbor is superb. The abrasives are in a different class from anything I have used before. I have just sanded out a not quite dry bowl and there is virtually no clogging and after ten minutes the abrasive looks unused.

Fantastic and well worth the money.

Welcome as the new judge Richard!! :wink:

Have you tried rubbing on't wood yet Gordy-baby? :twisted: :twisted:

I'm keenly awaiting mine now too aswell already!

I've just bought a new arbor from Axminster before I heard about the hope one. I must say that it's very good and works a treat, and quietly, in my Axy heavy duty flex drive thingy. Even if I put my foot down a bit too hard on the foot switch it copes very well at HIGH speed :shock: :shock:

gus3049":dc8b5jbp said:
The Hope arbor is superb.

Did you get the quick-release holder with the arbor?

I have a whole set of Hope arbors, 1 for each grade and with the quick-release it is so quick to change and you don't wear out the velcro pulling discs off it while it's still hot.

hope2.jpg

hope0001.JPG

Attachments

• hope2.jpg
    hope2.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 556
  • hope0001.JPG
    hope0001.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 556
myturn":1qswgy9i said:
gus3049":1qswgy9i said:

Nah, I'm a poor man - just got the basic model and some spare pads. But the cheapies I've used has made me very careful about peeling the velcro. The first one just tore in half and the second melted.

I will just have to struggle with the one :(

gus3049":31ud91xz said:
But the cheapies I've used has made me very careful about peeling the velcro. The first one just tore in half and the second melted.

I will just have to struggle with the one :(
At least with the Hope ones you can get the velcro pads separately which are a lot cheaper than buying the whole arbor.

I've learnt to sand at a slower speed and use as coarse a grit as is need now. This stops the wood overheating and developing cracks and stops the velcro melting. Before I used to think I had to start with a finer grit and work it hard which just ended up using more discs, cracking the wood and melting the velcro!

myturn":2ovkzquc said:
gus3049":2ovkzquc said:

I have a whole set of Hope arbors, 1 for each grade and with the quick-release it is so quick to change and you don't wear out the velcro pulling discs off it while it's still hot.

I have still some Hegnar ?? white left which Blister brought me on one of his trips. I intend to buy from Richard when its gone, can I get the Hope arbors from you as well
REgards Boysie.
PS I know the deal offer will be well gone ,but if as good as everyone is saying it wont worry me.

Jonzjob":1zre2vmm said:
My abrasives arrived today Richard. I haven't had chance to use them yet, but maybe tomorrow morning??

Cheers mate! :D

What size are the shafts on the arbors?

Is this a cutting / abrasive comment :shock:

A Big thank you to everyone that has supported my special offer. I am glad everyone is so happy with the abrasive and other things that they have bought from me.

The offer is now closed :(

Thanks again

Richard

Back