For those of us with MicroClene (Acrol Ltd) Air Filters...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangledfeet

Established Member
Reaction score
I've discovered from discussions elsewhere it would seem the company is no longer trading; website down and I know that Biven Machinery have said for a few months that availability has meant that they've stopped taking orders.

I bought a MicroClene only five months ago (one of the newer red ones) and I'm already investigating sources for replacement filter media and making my own.

For information here's some information on an upgrade that someone did - contains links to filter media suppliers:

https://aggravatedwoodbutchery.wordpres ... pressions/

That is a shame.
I have a MC760 which has a superb fan at its heart, but which is quite noisy. Ron at Acrol did tell me that one of the reasons it is so noisy is because of the bars across the exhaust vents, required by HSE to protect fingers, apparently. I have often thought of cutting them off, but have never quite summoned the courage to start hacking up what is a nice tidy unit.
No idea what the story is behind Acrol ceasing trading but, with any luck, someone will buy the Microclene brand and update the range with a timer and improved filtration along the same lines as aggravatedwoodbutchery.co.uk, possibly also quieter if that can be done without making the units larger.
Here's hoping!

I also have the MC760 and it's strung up above the workbench and does a really good job. When 'm working it's always on even though I agree, it's noisy.

Back