For sale: TS200, pic added : Sold to stevieB

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big soft moose

Established Member
Reaction score
we are buying miles' tablesaw so our TS200 is now for sale - pictures to follow (they are on here somewhere but i cant find them at present)

this is a fettled TS200 and cuts propper good (to a tolerance of about 3 thou from straight) - we have done the famous dust extraction mod which dramatical improves performance.

The sliding table and original right hand extension are part of the deal but arent currently mounted on the saw , and it comes with a short fence for ripping ( I can also supply a full length fence but this is off my kity 419 and will be an extra £10)

You have a choice of just buying the saw (including the original bits) for £150 ono, or for another £25 you can also have the stand we built for it which includes the dust extraction hopper, and a kitchen worksurface with a cut out for a router table plate in the right hand extension. (note that the router plate and the Trend T11 pictured are NOT part of this deal)

note as this is flaming heavy it is collection only from oxfordshire

4445542613_96bf5aa58d_o.jpg

one permitted bump - pic now added , note that the rust on the table looks worse than it is due to rubbish photography and lighting

although not pictured the deal includes the sliding table and rail, the mitre guage, and the mitre bar thing that goes on the sliding table (basically everything it came with from axminster)

if you chose not to buy our stand we can also throw in the original metal leg stand, - but you will need to sort out you own DE hopper if you do that as this is a modded saw

big soft moose":eq4w7y7b said:
one permitted bump - pic now added , note that the rust on the table looks worse than it is due to rubbish photography and lighting

although not pictured the deal includes the sliding table and rail, the mitre guage, and the mitre bar thing that goes on the sliding table (basically everything it came with from axminster)

if you chose not to buy our stand we can also throw in the original metal leg stand, - but you will need to sort out you own DE hopper if you do that as this is a modded saw

Wow Pete for the money, a cast iron table saw with a stand (dust extraction built in) router table and insert, along with the sliding table, someone is going to get a great deal :lol:

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":31p0d3zv said:
big soft moose":31p0d3zv said:

Wow Pete for the money, a cast iron table saw with a stand (dust extraction built in) router table and insert, along with the sliding table, someone is going to get a great deal :lol:

Cheers

Mike

cheers mate - but just to clarify the insert and routerare not included , we are keeping that to set in the ext table of the new saw
- the worktop with the plate recess is included if the buyer chooses to buy the stand.

and tom - the rust is very cosmetic - the big brown stain is actually coffee and has been since cleaned off ( I didnt take the picture for this thread - its from an earlier thread about TS200 fettling)

Free Coffee then!!! :lol:

Pulling your leg ;)

big soft moose":3bpc6xji said:
Mike.C":3bpc6xji said:
big soft moose":3bpc6xji said:

Cheers

Mike

cheers mate - but just to clarify the insert and routerare not included , we are keeping that to set in the ext table of the new saw
- the worktop with the plate recess is included if the buyer chooses to buy the stand.

and tom - the rust is very cosmetic - the big brown stain is actually coffee and has been since cleaned off ( I didnt take the picture for this thread - its from an earlier thread about TS200 fettling)

Sorry mate I knew the router was not included, but just took it for granted that the insert was.

Even with no insert it is still a very good price :wink:

Cheers

Mike

So I am now the proud owner (in name at least) of a rusty saw with a bit of worktop as an extension table :D

Avid readers of my Rutlands rant thread will have noticed I was down for a SIP 01332 that never arrived. I was willing to hang on, hang on and hang on for it and (current delivery estimate was 12th July) then disaster :shock: My 4 yr old son lobbed a playstation controller through our LCD TV and SWMBO had the gall to state that a new TV was more important than my saw! So out with the 01332, in with the TS200. I have gone from a kity 419 to.... a 419 clone :lol:

One day, when the kids have grown up and left home, settled down and made new lives, I may just get a big boys cabinet saw.....

Steve

StevieB":5b02lphv said:
So I am now the proud owner (in name at least) of a rusty saw with a bit of worktop as an extension table :D

Avid readers of my Rutlands rant thread will have noticed I was down for a SIP 01332 that never arrived. I was willing to hang on, hang on and hang on for it and (current delivery estimate was 12th July) then disaster :shock: My 4 yr old son lobbed a playstation controller through our LCD TV and SWMBO had the gall to state that a new TV was more important than my saw! So out with the 01332, in with the TS200. I have gone from a kity 419 to.... a 419 clone :lol:

One day, when the kids have grown up and left home, settled down and made new lives, I may just get a big boys cabinet saw.....

Steve

should have just sold the playstation to pay for the tv - that'd have taught him ;)

Is the original metal leg stand up for grabs? I ask because my Kity 419 has a home-made affair for legs that looks darned unstable sometimes.

Nah - tis my playstation! Daft thing is we are constantly aware of the Wii controller and making the kids strap it onto their wrist when they play - never thought about the PS controller being a missle :roll: Its not even as if they play it much as most of the games are not 4 yr old friendly anyway.

There will be a sheet of perspex over the front of the new TV so long as it doesn't distort the image!

Steve

Richard D":1do2w9o7 said:
Is the original metal leg stand up for grabs? I ask because my Kity 419 has a home-made affair for legs that looks darned unstable sometimes.

In theory yes - unless stevie wants it

and you can have it if you come and get it because its no good to us

Hi Steve

One of our boys did the same thing about 18months ago - threw a big plastic gorilla at the LCD when he got over excited watching The Grinch.

We don't have accidental damage cover, but SWMBO (being an Insurance Broker) knew that the damage to the TV would be covered under our policy. Apparently most insurers throw accidental TV damage into their standard cover.

Worth a look before you fork out for a new TV (assuming, that is, that you have contents cover!).

Cheers

Karl

Yup - happy for the legs to go to another home as I will be taking the wooden cabinet for the saw to reside in.

Thanks Karl - it will indeed be an insurance job but a long time ago to keep premiums down I upped the excess :roll: Not loads of dosh compared to a new TV but enough that I have to go from the 01332 to the 419 clone (is it me or does that sound a bit like collecting train numbers?!)

Cheers,

Steve

richard pm me an email address and i'll send you a map of how to get to us and we can arrange a time for you to collect the legs stand - or i can take it all to bits and post it at cost

Hi Moose,

Regarding your circular saw.
I appreciate it's gone! But:

I was looking at Machine Mart's range of similar models.
Not having the space for a Sedgwick etc., I am mulling over something like the Metabo, or the DeWalt.

What it doesn't tell me on the website is whether the tables of these saws can be moved independently of the blade/arbor, to get the mitre-slot parallel to the blade. Nor does it say if the motors make so much noise as a portable circular saw.

Any thoughts on this please; before I go to MM and check them out?

Much obliged

John :)

John,

On the motor noise front, look for the "induction" word. If this is left out you will almost certainly have a nasty noise brush motor.

Belt driven machines will often be induction motor types too but needs confirming.

Virtually no supplier is going to state "brush motor" as it does not count as a virtue!

A second advantage is that an induction motor is likely to be a standard part if you ever need to replace it. Brush motor machine are almost certainly special to type motors and expensive to replace.

HTh

Bob

9fingers":m718z7wj said:
John,

On the motor noise front, look for the "induction" word. If this is left out you will almost certainly have a nasty noise brush motor.

Belt driven machines will often be induction motor types too but needs confirming.

Virtually no supplier is going to state "brush motor" as it does not count as a virtue!

A second advantage is that an induction motor is likely to be a standard part if you ever need to replace it. Brush motor machine are almost certainly special to type motors and expensive to replace.

HTh

Bob

Thanks Bob..

I thort you was on 'olidee! Hope you are and if so having a good one!

There's an induction motor on my Coronet Combo machine. So very quiet. Until I start ripping of course. Whereas the Elu Portable saw makes a racket. Which is why I use it only when everyone is at work!

I'll get off to Machine Mart and have a good look. I do need to dismantle the Combination Machine back to its basic lathe format, then it will fit in the cosy part of the shop.

Next month though now. I just shelled out for Cedarwood and Southern Yellow Pine. :shock:

All the best and thanks again.

John

what bob said - tho you will find that the cheaper saws are all brush motors - I think the TS200 is the cheapest induction motored one (excluding contractor saws which you also ought to avoid)

regarding the table on the TS it was held on by a number of bolts which we slacked off and nudged about for fettling purposes (tho of course tinkering with the innards does invalidate the warranty)

take a look at tom and robertmps threads on fettling a Ts200

also machine mart isnt necessarily the best place to get one - in your shoes i'd pop over to axminster at nuneaton (or checkout ebay for kity 419s etc)

Back