FOR SALE: Perform CCNPT 10"X6" Planer-Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPJ

Established Member
Reaction score
This has been on eBay for the last couple of weeks and, while it's had a decent number of mysterious 'Watchers', I haven't been able to shift the thing.

I upgraded to the Axminster AW106 last month and the Perform CCNPT is redundant and in the way. I recently fitted a brand new 1,800w motor (£70) and drive belt pulley (£5) to the machine after I managed to burn out the old one - which was 2,200w, incidentally. The new one works perfectly.

I do have a couple of slight niggles with this machine...

First of all, the drive belt for the infeed rollers on the thicknesser has a common tendency to stretch and wear out prematurely, meaning the rollers won't grab the work and feed it through - although, this doesn't appear to have happened for a good 6 months and new belts are only £3-ish plus delivery from Axminster.

Dust extraction on the thicknesser was poor when planing wider boards and would clog easily - so, after looking at something DaveL did, I knocked together my connection for my extractor which is much more efficient.

The aluminium fence itself isn't brilliant although with a little care and patience when tightening, you can get decent results.

And then there's the outfeed table, which must be removed and stored elsewhere when accessing the thicknesser. Occasionally, when refitting it to the machine, you may find you have to raise it slightly, by adjusting the grub screws, so it's back in line with the infeed table.

Maximum planing/surfacing width is 260mm, while it will thickness to a depth of 160mm. Maximum DOC on the planer is 3mm. It is also advised you do not remove more than 3mm in one pass - I never go above two anyway.

The two knives are HSS disposables and they are double-edged. After two years though, I'm already on the second edges and there are a couple of slight nicks where I've hit unforseen staples. :roll: You may wish to change them; you may not.

This is identical to the SIP, Charnwood and the new Axminster model as well as being a clone of the Record PT260 and Metabo/Elektra Beckum models - although, this one has an older electronically-braked motor instead of mechnical.

Ideally, I'm after £250 for this machine (to help cover the new motor's cost) and, at 72kg in weight, it will have to be a collection only.

If you're interested or have any questions, please let me know. I live just outside Bristol (not far from Weston-Super-Mare either) and I'm even happy for you to come and see it in working order, if you wish.

Thank you for looking; sorry I went on a bit long there - I do that! :roll: :wink:

shame your a bit too far for me to pickup. If still available in a month/6 weeks then i'd be interested.

Well, it's not sold yet and it could well still be here in another month or so.

Anyway, I thought that adding a few pictures of the machine might give people a better idea of what I've got before I consider putting it back on eBay at a later date.

1287080338_c4a94d45ec_m.jpg

1287081130_1685d60298_m.jpg

1287082122_ac70b35f9c_m.jpg

This last picture shows the dust extraction port I made for this machine. It is a definite improvement over the supplied dust hood, but I still end up with a small pile of shavings infront of the thicknesser.

Just going to bump this for one final time, before it goes back on eBay.

£250 and it's yours to collect. :)

Back