For Sale : Lathe, chuck etc.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aled Dafis

Established Member
Reaction score
Having just bought a Woodfast lathe from Blister, I need to sell my current lathe to make room in the workshop.

The lathe started off it's life as a standard Sealey affair with a 0.5HP motor and mechanical varial speed pulleys, but has had a bit of an upgrade. It now sports a 1HP 3Ph motor driven by an inverter, giving it far more power and full electronic speed control.

IMG_6558.jpg

The frame is the standard sheetmetal affair, but I've always had 3 bags of cement on the shelf to weigh it down a bit.

The inverter is housed in this "box", giving full control of the lathe, start, stop, forward, reverse ("mlan" and "nol" in welsh), and of course the speed control.

IMG_6560.jpg

The lathe also comes with it's standard 12" toolrest and both a 6 and a 12" stainless steel welded toolrest.

IMG_6561.jpg

Also included is my trusty Supernova chuck and extra jaws. This is the original supernova, which has been superseeded, but it is nonetheless a good, reliable chuck.

IMG_6563.jpg

I'm asking £375 for this package, collected from West Wales. (Tea and biscuits will obviously included in the deal)

I also have a few other bits and pieces to sell.

IMG_6576600x400.jpg

A set of turning tools, suitable for a beginner. 1/2" Bowl gouge, 3/4" Roughing gouge, Diamond parting tool, 1/2" scarper, 3/8" spindle gouge and an oval skew chisel. All tools are by Crown except the skew, which is by Record. I bought this "set" from Blister when I bought my new lathe, as I imagined my existing lathe being sold to a newbie, so they would also need a starter set of tools. I paid £60, so that is exactly what I'm asking for them (plus postage if not sold with the lathe).

IMG_6555.jpg

Sorby Bowl Reversing Jaws c/w aditional "fingers" that allow a 12"+ bowl to be held for cleaning up the reverse. Used once only. £35 inc postage
SOLD
IMG_6564.jpg

Sorby Power Grip Jaws £35 inc postage SOLD

Cheers

Aled

Aled, interested in the 2 sets of jaws. What size are the power grip jaws?

wizer":w4z6o9qy said:
Aled, interested in the 2 sets of jaws. What size are the power grip jaws?

Thanks, the Power grip jaws are about 100-110mm in expansion mode, I'll dig around to find the exact size and come back to you shortly.

Cheers

Aled

Edit : Didn't take long. Capacity range 108mm to 133mm external; 97mm to 122mm internal.

I think that's the same as I have actually. Will check in the morning.

hi if the sorby power jaws are still there ill buy them of you i live about half hour from you so could pick them up soon as poss thanks jas

Seeing as Tom was first in, I'll let him check his "stash" in the morning, otherwise they're yours.

It'd be good to meet up with fairly local woodies, maybe we could set up some sort of bash in the summer, not sure how many would come though.

Cheers

Aled

ok that wold be great

as for the summer that sounds great to. i'm living in whitland at the monent but come from new quey years ago,my grandfather was a shipwright and with my uncle they built and started the ermol boats in the quey still have all the pics of them being built and put to sea. we are moving back down that way soon as the house is sold. we are going to look at one tuesday in oakfoad and synnod inn bye for now.

Bump Bump Bump

I'm willing to sell the Chuck seperately if anybody's interested, it's 3/4" x 16tpi thread, so will fit Record lathes and also many others.

Say £60 +postage

Cheers

Aled

Back