For my mother in law a gift .....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggflan

Established Member
Reaction score
Now i dont normally show any of my work due to it being mainly farmhouse style pine that i gather most on here are not that keen on :lol: :lol:

But i will open myself to ridicule sometimes :D I have had a quiet spell so thought i would make this for my mother in law as a gift for looking after my 2 youngest kids the other weekend while me and the wife went to watch the Moto GP at donington park.

I have had the wood kicking round for ages in the workshop and been looking forward to making something out of it. I started down the woody track as a hobby and that got pushed to one side as i started to make a living from it , i realise after spending a few hours on this that i still enjoy the fun part of this pastime :D

I know this is not in the same game as the other boxes on here but its very rare for me to make something like this .. The wood is saple i belive and finished with a wood dye and a few coats of med brown wax , the trim round the bottom is a spruce and if i did it again i would leave it off , the base is ply that i lined with felt . I dont really plan one off things like this i just let them turn out if you know what i mean , i have an idea and try to get as close as i can , sometimes things change along the way

Thanks for having a look..

Picture028.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Picture013.jpg

All coments welcome , :shock: :shock:

Looks nice,pleasantly different,like the idea of the recess in the lid for it to sit on the base.Got a lovely warm colour to it as well :D

And
Now i dont normally show any of my work due to it being mainly farmhouse style pine that i gather most on here are not that keen on
don't know where you got that idea from,be brave and post some pictures!

Andrew

gwaithcoed":1m9tb1cd said:
Now that really is different, I love it and have bookmarked it for future reference.

What have you lined it with?

Alan.

Thanks for the kind comments Alan , it is actually lined with a square piece cut from a notice board that is covered with a green felt so it is cork with the felt glued on , i use these to make my own notice boards that i sell and i have quite a few offcuts so use them up on things like this ..

My monster in law was thrilled to bits with it so im expecting extra yorkshire pudings next time we pop round for sunday lunch :lol: :lol:

Really nice craftmanship.
i am really impressed by the way you hid the explosive and detonator in there ! :D what did you do for ? remote or timer ?

I made my mother-in-law a lovely chair once but she refuses to plug it in :lol:

Nice work eggflan

Back