Footwear

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby

Established Member
Reaction score
During my apprenticeship working on sites, I had to steel toe capped boots. To be honest, I hated them and found them cumbersome. So I'd wear my trainers when possible.

I'm self employed now and all the work I do is at private home owners, so I don't have to wear protective headwear, footwear,etc. I'm usually very careful and as yet (touch wood) I've never dropped anything on my toes. However on 2 separate occasions, I have stood on a protruding nail which punctured the sole of my trainer and my foot. Ended up walking round with a very obvious limp for 4-5 days :oops:

I still don't like boots but these safety trainers look ok. Toe caps and steel midsole (yay!) plus they don't look clodhopperish :D Just wondered if anyone wears these and how comfy they are? As I'll be ordering online I won't be able to test try them. I'm not overly concerned as I seem to an inbuild ability to ignore pain caused by tight footwear, its nails sticking in them that I can't ignore.

I'm ordering a few things from D&M next week and thought I'd order all the things I need/want in one go to save on postage costs. So was thinking of these

http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.php/s ... CFA2338511

Latest posts

Back