Following a video

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazmaniandevil

Established Member
Reaction score
So, had Mum & Dad to stay for the past 10 days. Brought all the old turnings out to show them, and gave them a couple of pens. I've been watching a series of videos by Eli Avisera, and trying to emulate his techniques etc. I sharpened my tools in the same way as Eli does and corrected my stance & how I address the work piece.
One of the subjects was a gavel & block, which seems to be a common thing to turn. I have quite a bit of oak, and recently got my hands on a pile of yew. So yesterday I made an Eli Avisera style gavel & block for the folks to take back home.
IMG_3073_zpsabdb9e68.jpg

IMG_3072_zpsb314108c.jpg

I can already see a vast difference in the work, particularly in how much less sanding is needed. Finish is a couple of coats of teak oil.

Well done its always good to try and improve you skills but one day you will settle down to your own style and start teaching others your way of doing things keep it up I bet your Mum and Dad just loved it and it will be shown off with pride

Back