Flush Fitting Sliding Doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarrenW

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

SWMBO has roped me into making some built in wardrobes in what will become a dressing room. Currently in the very early stages of coming up with some kind of plan. The room where they are going is fairly narrow so like the idea of sliding doors. But the wife doesn't want to see any runners and doesn't like the 'one infront of the other' look you get with standard sliding doors (Shes a fussy one).

Found these on the Hulsta site (check out the first sliding door clip on the this vid http://www.hulstastudio.co.uk/movies/paso.asp ). They slide but also close flush so you don't see any runners and look like standard doors at first glance.

Does anyone know where I can get this mechanism from? I am assuming that Hulsta will not be too chuffed about selling just the runners when they would really want me to buy the whole scheme from them and get them to fit it.

Folding sliding doors are another option if the flush fit ones are stupid cost.

As usual your help is very much appreciated.

Regards

Darren

Darren

Hafele:

http://www.hafele.com/uk/

have a comprehensive range of sliding/folding door gear. I think you will have to register (free - no strings) to access their online catalogue. They usually claim to be able to send most stuff out within 3 days. It is often worth phoning them with your specific requirements because it can sometimes be quite daunting ploughing through all the possiblities.

The Complete Hafele printed catalogue is a huge resource showing a vast range of joinery and architectural fittings. Their stuff can also be ordered through ironmongery merchants such as Nu-Line or Strada here in London

Tried Hafele. Very fast response but no luck. Anyone else have possible suggestions.

May have to try Hulsta I suppose.

Thanks again

Darren

Chris - that's probably this system:

(I did a quick leaf through the printed catalogue and scanned the page)

The trouble is that it has a floor track and Darren said Central Commitee was against floor track. I suppose any system that guides the doors to finish flush is bound to need a guide/restraint at the bottom.

Tinfoil - That's the one I thought it must be in the catalogue as well.

However, it isn't really flush fitting - there's still a lip required to cover the top track so the door must be inset slightly.
I suppose they mean that the doors can be flush with each other though. BTW by my reckoning a set for one pair of doors is £285 inc vat :shock:

Cheers

Tim

Thanks for the help guys. £285 :shock:. Back to standard opening doors me thinks!

Cheers

Darren

Latest posts

Back