Flexible Shaft Drive / Polisher

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machineage

Reaction score
Hi all :)

I wonder if anyone could tell me if there are any good quality flexible shaft drives available aside from the cheap ones you always see that get pretty bad reviews? Or a complete flexible shaft machine?

I was looking for something that could handle a reasonable amount of power - say from a 1/2 - 1HP induction motor at speeds up to 2800rpm.

At the moment I am using a corded hand drill (450w) with scotch / sisal mops. I also use a floor standing polishing machine for the more intensive jobs (metal).

I want the flexible drive for polishing plastics which do require a degree of power and torque to polish - the drill about manages it with its fixed speeds of 900 & 2900rpm.

There are flex shaft machines available here in the UK - but they are often brush motor affairs with high speeds & small motors. I need something with more power / torque with speeds that max out around 3000rpm - and quiet too (induction motor).

I see there are flexible shaft grinders / sanders / polishers readily available in the states which are essentially an induction motor with adjustable speed driving a flexible shaft - see attached. Has anyone come across anything similar here?

Suitable motors are easily obtainable - but what about the flex drives?

Thanks!

Attachments

• fflexible_shaft_machine.jpg
    fflexible_shaft_machine.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 556
Back