Fitting/removing a new radiator

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrimTheKing

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey all

I'm just swapping over a rad in the babies room and need to remove the valves from the old one (the bits that are actually in the ends of the rads, not the TRV or lockshield part). The only way to remove them appears to be with a male hex spanner of some kind, but I don't have one.

What do I need to go and buy? I'm looking at various plumbing forums and screwfix etc but don't know what I'm actually searching for.

Cheers

Go to Wickes if you have one - they sell them dirt cheap should be with all the plumbing valves! :wink:

Dave

Yep any plumbers merchant or big DIY chain should have them, its just a big allen key sometimes with a smaller square bit on the end.

They are usually the same size but a few continental valve have a smaller hex. Or you can get a T shape wrench with a tapered hex that should fit any size

Jason

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/11467/Hand-Tools/Plumbing-Tools/Radiator-Tools/Radiator-Spanner

p1094520_l.jpg

Radiator spanner, £3.45

Trim the King

If you go to a proper plumbers merchant, they will sell a universal rad valve key.
This has a tapered allen key shape one end to allow for differing sizes. the other end is square with 2 slots for removal of older type valves.
It also comes with a tommy bar.

Cheers.

Doug.

I just used a bolt put a couple of nuts on and lock them up undo the rad insert easy

Latest posts

Back