First post, Hi all :-)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul.V

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought i would say hello.

I found this site while searching for plans and advice on different things. i have found it most useful.

Seems very friendly on here, which is always good

i am only a hobbyist, making small things mainly, biggest so far was a coffee table for the front room

latest is a jewellery box for the SWMBO ( that made me laugh :) )

most of what i make is from scrap wood, or b&q bought cheap wood so sometimes it doesn't look as nice as i would like, though the new sanding disc/ linishing machine has helped alot, as i was sanding by hand before, took ages.

i have a few toys at present, though i would like a thicknesser/planer and band saw, so i'll likely be asking some advice for those :)

--
Paul

Hi Paul,

Welcome, not been a member long myself but I can confirm this is a very friendly forum.

jpb

Welcome Paul......

Which end of Essex are you from?

......oh, and I'll tell you first.............you haven't made anything unless there are photos! Rule 1!!!

Mike

Welcome , I never had any powertools for 47 years apart from an electric drill and its accessories. Also they used to make lovely furniture in the 19th cent. without electricity either. So dont rush the machine buying scenario yet.

Hi Paul and welcome. There's nothing wrong with using scrap wood even if it's from B&Q :lol: You will soon loose the sand paper and convert to hand scrappers :wink: and DON'T forget we all like photos \:D/

Hello and welcome :D
Great place to be - a good mix of useful advice and friendly banter.

Andrew

P.S. - no pictures,it never happened.. :wink:

Hi Paul, welcome to the abbreviation capital of the world! :lol:

It's a very good forum, every question gets an answer :idea:

Welcome Paul and watch that slippery slope. :lol: If you can make things with B&Poo's propellors, you will have no problem with real wood. :lol:

Paul, Welcome to the forum, John. B,,,,,,,,,,,,(must have photo's) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (rule 1)

Welcome to the forum, Paul. I look forward to seeing some photo's of your work... :wink:

hey Paul, welcome, I am new here too. we (I am allowed to say that now I think rather than "they") LOVE photos, lots and lots and lots. WIP, workshop, what you transport your wood in, the lost. Really freindly peeps.

Mike Garnham":8oo0912v said:
Welcome Paul......

Which end of Essex are you from?

......oh, and I'll tell you first.............you haven't made anything unless there are photos! Rule 1!!!

Mike

Hi,

South Essex, near lakeside

and photos are up !

--
paul

Back