First pencil

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antonello

Established Member
Reaction score
These are my first experiments in turning pens: I had no experience whatsoewer in pen turning and not very much in turning in general.

Big pencil in chestnut

2dvv2wp.jpg

I think my students will be a little bit afraid when they will see the point of that pencil on their homeworks....

Another Big pencil in juniper

2zpqjb8.jpg

and a fountain pen in juniper as well

54wqj9.jpg

and these are the shavings of the juniper, very scented ones!

n21v93.jpg

29kvndh.jpg

o05noh.jpg

But I must have made some mistakes in the finishing, both in pencils andin the fountain pen.

I wonder why pencils and pen tended to remain stuck to the fingers of those to whom I made them see .....

First of all the Girlfriend, who, when she saw the pencil in juniper, immediately said to me: "Is this is a gift for meeeee?

Very nice !

Love the pencil, never seen them before !

Standard refills from art shops ?

Thanks for the appreciation.....

loz":3vfckbrj said:

Yes, you can find it also in different hardness and colour in the art shops.

Bodrighy":3vfckbrj said:
Is that your work on the paper as well?

pete

Yes, just a test to see if the pencil was working well ....

antonello":1kymze2t said:
Thanks for the appreciation.....

loz":1kymze2t said:

Yes, you can find it also in different hardness and colour in the art shops.

Bodrighy":1kymze2t said:
Is that your work on the paper as well?

pete

Yes, just a test to see if the pencil was working well ....

Have you looked into Pyro? Looks like you'd be good at it :)

Miles

Neat Clutch Pencil kit, does the release button have a point dressing/sharpening cutter insert?

Thanks for the posting antonello, a timely reminder for me that I have an outstanding order for a set using differing leads/colours as a gift for someone.

Looks great. I've had the same experience with the GF too - lol.

Please do share where you get the clutch pencil kits from though, Ive looked for such a thing before and could never find them.

Jonzjob":2tohdu1e said:
Is the house anywhere specific?

The house in the drawing is just to the left side of mine..... weather wasn’t very good that
day....yes.....even in Sardinia it rains, from time to time....

devonwoody":2tohdu1e said:
Nice work, and who supplies the pencil mechanism in the UK or Europe please?

CHJ":2tohdu1e said:
Neat Clutch Pencil kit, does the release button have a point dressing/sharpening cutter insert?

Thanks for the posting antonello, a timely reminder for me that I have an outstanding order for a set using differing leads/colours as a gift for someone.

dadiy":2tohdu1e said:
Looks great. I've had the same experience with the GF too - lol.

Please do share where you get the clutch pencil kits from though, Ive looked for such a thing before and could never find them.

Yes, the pencil sharpener is in the release button.

I’ve bought all the kits here:

http://www.la-truciolara.eu/Index_IT.htm

http://www.la-truciolara.com/

I hope I have not broken any rule of this Forum: the last time I did something like that in another Forum ended up in this way:

2r7vc4w.jpg

Thanks for that Antonello. I was asked to make one, in walnut, for a local artist (sorry, no pics :oops: , I'll see if I can borrow it back) and I had to buy a plastic bodied one, pull it apart, and take it from there.

Blimey Antonello! It's just as well they didn't put your feet in the other 2 holes :shock: :shock:

I will look at those sites in a min, I have to have a quick shower before we go in the pool for a dip. Well it is 30C in my workshop and 38 outside and glorious sunshine! Any of you lot got any rain to spare up there? We ain't had nuffin but boring sunshine for weeks now 8) 8)

Jonzjob":3spt3xzv said:
Blimey Antonello! It's just as well they didn't put your feet in the other 2 holes :shock: :shock:

I will look at those sites in a min, I have to have a quick shower before we go in the pool for a dip. Well it is 30C in my workshop and 38 outside and glorious sunshine! Any of you lot got any rain to spare up there? We ain't had nuffin but boring sunshine for weeks now 8) 8)

:evil: :twisted: :twisted: :evil:

Go away

Pete

I'm pretty sure that, instead of the portrait of an house, you will prefere to look at this one......

300cwtl.jpg

Unfortunately I have no pool in my house....... and we are well over the 80° this afternoon.....and I'm wondering if to go to the workshop to finish a French window

or

to go to this beach wich is about 10 min drive from my house......

chia.jpg

Back