First letter opener/ key ring

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THOMASB

Established Member
Reaction score

Letter opener wood is "Sonokeling" key ring is "Acrylester" all finished with MM, wood is friction polish/ren wax, acrylester just ren wax. is this the right way to go any suggestions?
:roll: :D

Both very nice :D
Shape,colour,design and finish looks faultless,would certainly be happy to be the owner of either of them.

Andrew

Way to go john, they look belters. Only done one letter opener before, and that was wrong, never done a key ring.

As regards your finish, with wood i use sanding seal, sand to 4000, friction polish, sometimes just a smidge of BLO, then wipe it off, CA glue, carnuba wax, lastly Ren wax.
Acrylic, i sand all the way through to 12000, Tcut, Brasso, ren wax.

More pictures..

well done john, you did great. like steve says not a lot to do on acrylics. as far as wood goes, well everyones different. some woods only need sanding sealer and canurba wax. the keyring should atract the ladies, nice and bright.

Sonokeling, (Indonesian rosewood) one of my all time favorite woods
Lovely job you have made,
Well done. ( the best finish you can put on them is the one that pleases you most).

John. B

Very nice, Thomas - enjoyed looking through the rest of your photobucket album too - some very nice pieces there as well as a look at your workshop which is always interesting. I'm Brighton based too but have a way to go with catching you up on the turning!

Back