Firewood time. Do you have such machine in UK?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whatknot":1e72kfdx said:
I am glad he put on his gloves before starting work

You can't be to careful can you ;-)

Pretty sure most of the safety aspect of these machines is between the operator's ears. :-D

I got 4 IBC cages out of the "6 tonne" load of logs, so £75 per cube which going by Beau's costs sounds not a bad deal.

P1060554.jpg

I've just ordered another load or two, depending if they have any left. I have another 8 IBCs to fill, here's what I have so far, the four IBCs on the left are mostly filled with the posh wood from the Marquis of Bath's forests.

P1060557.jpg

I have some timber to split, very large and knotty stumps, I will use this on the back of my mates tractor, the splitter may struggle a bit with the knots so may have to help it with the chain saw.

P1060555.jpg

I do have a tractor but its been in bits for about 10 years while I have been renovating it and realistically it will be a couple more before its finished as the kitchen and dining table are first in the queue. It's a Fordson New performance Super Dexta, one of the last few to be made, as you can see a fair way to go :)

P1050617.jpg

But the engine is getting closer, it's been bored and the head and injector pump overhauled, just need to find time to reassemble it.

P1050608.jpg

So, I guess I could get away with just a decent log saw, and use the splitter I have. I wouldn't buy a fergie saw, they look lethal! :shock:

Attachments

• P1060554.jpg
    P1060554.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 413
  • P1060557.jpg
    P1060557.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 413
  • P1060555.jpg
    P1060555.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 413
  • P1050617.jpg
    P1050617.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 413
  • P1050608.jpg
    P1050608.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 413
Farmer Giles":2cza6a0n said:
I got 4 IBC cages out of the "6 tonne" load of logs, so £75 per cube which going by Beau's costs sounds not a bad deal.

Sounds like you got 2 tonne of logs not 6 tonnes but £75 per cube is pretty good. Actually a full IBC holds a bit over 1.1 cube when full so good value presuming the logs are dry. I dry our logs in IBCs and have weighed them and most are around 500 kg when full of fresh cut logs.

Sorry OP to continue the derail but Farmer Giles what's the Bobcat like for handling IBCs? Enough lift to stack them? Churn up the ground much if no concrete and anything else you can shed light on :D

The bobcat is on its limit if its a full IBC of wet logs but ok if your on the flat. I stacked the full IBCs no problem, the logs have been seasoned a little bit it rained overnight.

It does chew up soft ground but if you have hardcore and,/or scalpings it will be fine.

I can't go bigger as the bobcat just fits down the side of the house to the boiler room

Farmer Giles":qzgrda5f said:
The bobcat is on its limit if its a full IBC of wet logs but ok if your on the flat. I stacked the full IBCs no problem, the logs have been seasoned a little bit it rained overnight.

It does chew up soft ground but if you have hardcore and,/or scalpings it will be fine.

Good to know, Thanks

We have just got a forklift but the hardcore is struggling under it's weight so was wondering if a Bobcat might be a better answer.

Latest posts

Back