Fire at Tredegar House (ISCA Woods supplies)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EnErY

Established Member
Reaction score
Went To see Paul At Isca In Tredegar house and to my dismay its out of Action For A while due to The Buildings located in t6he adjoining complex got burnt, speaking to Paul briefly it seems that he got flooded out with the over zealous action of the fire brigade who pumped thousand's of galleons of water on the premises he will be open for business soon look on his Facebook page it will give all the information you may need .
Regards
Bill

That's very sad, Bill. I enjoyed our day out at Isca (was it last spring time?) when we bought bits and pieces, including that green oak planking. I also got some malee burr which I have yet to turn - in fact I have not turned anything for about nine months due to family commitments, but one of my New Year resolutions is to get back into the turning shed again!!

Mike
I seem to recall it was myself that steered you towards that mallee burr and I hope you have some success with it it a nice wood to turn and gives a very smooth finish also that green oak planking we got I turned one 15 inch bowl from it and its not moved or cracked so luck was on my side if I can get turning again im going to turn some more but as for Paul at Isca he will be up and running very soon and I just hope we can have another trip to the open day down there I really enjoyed your company and also the great wealth of knowledge I drained from both yourself and Paul Hannaby over lunch Happy new year To All
Regards
Bill

Ah thats such a shame, was there in october and its a great little place....hopefully Mrs Spinks and I will get up there again soon and actually go round the big house as well!

EnErY":n93sw1i8 said:
I seem to recall it was myself that steered you towards that mallee burr
I believe you are correct and were kind enough to let me take it once I expressed interest. :D :D

I just hope we can have another trip to the open day down there
Me, too - it was a good day out, even though it was supposed to be forum members from Wales and only the three of us managed to meet up. Let's do another one next year? :lol: :lol:

Happy new year To All
And a Happy New Year to you as well, Bill. :ho2 :deer :ho2

Tazmaniandevil":3ky50qwc said:
Golly! I've got rellies in a place called New Tredegar. Is that anywhere nearthere?
Near me Taz just about 2 miles as the crow flies ........ :lol:
Bill

Back