Finished my hall

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corset

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been busy in the last few months finishing off my hall. Its a 1980's bungalow which has stairs leading to the entrance. Confusing.
A while ago i decided to panel it.
This is the result. I rather madly decided to veneer all the rails in sycamore and hand veneer the panels with a sycamore leaf that had to be cut out by hand. I have lost count of the time this took and the amount of hide glue i used. However the end result is unique enough to be worth it. The trim is in solid sycamore. I thought the mdf would be less likley to move in an evironment that adjusta fair bit. Also i could not attach heavily to the wall due the insulation etc
I know the rail and trim are the wrong way round in terms of profile but something had to give to get it done.
The main thing is the wife likes it.
Sorry about the photos i am not going to win awards in this front.
few little gaps that look worse on the photos. I have to express that getting the angles bang on for the mitres was an interesting exercise!!
onto to the next project

Crikey, you hand cut all of those leaves?! That's some impressive dedication! How many panels in did you start wishing you'd never begun? :D

Unbe-leaf-able.

definitely a work of art, but I dont think youve added to the value of the house.

i think i like it
workmanship and dedication makes me like it more
sort of thing i would do and the wonder....just wonder

Steve

Blimey mate! It's not my personal taste, but if you like and, and SWMBO likes it too, then who cares. AND I think any visitor with half an idea of the skill and dedication involved to achieve that result would be absolutely flabbergasted, like it or not - as am I.

Well done mate.

AES

Back