Finger joints on a router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lurker

Le dullard de la commune
Reaction score
Can anyone point me to a good "how to" for doing finger joints on my recently aquired router table. One written with an silly person in mind would be ideal. Preferably on the web.

Need to justify it's purchase to SWMBO who discovered this new tool in the shop yesterday.

I tried " oh I've had that ages!" and " I got it at less than half price". Finishing a job for her, I've had on my round tuit list a long while, just might pacify her.

Thanks for you advice folks

Woodmanglers version is the way I think I'll go.

I intend to do a specific job but will try to make a jig that will be usefull in the future.

What about the cutter? The router workshop article suggests a spiral one which sounds sensible to me, as the cut is all done with one pass.
At present I've only got those cutters sold as cheap sets.

Woody67
It's so interesting...first time that I see this website and without knowing it, I made something very similar...just more "rolling"...

004.jpg

have a look at this online tv channel watch for the father and son router program featuring the desk set these blokes make everything look easy
http://www.woodworkingchannel.com/
there is also lots of different show showing how to build many things and most of the presenters are very good

Thanks Tony,

That answers another question,as I'd measured up Woody's version and realised the cutter would not protrude enough.
Yours looks convertable for dovetails too
I've a nice bit of planed beech that would make that one nicely

Any chance of a loan for a visual pattern?

Anyone care to comment on the best type of cutter to use?

My finger bit cutter (triton) has slots like knicks on the cutter blades (and thats the way they are made before anyone gets stirred up :) )

lurker":246vgbhn said:
Any chance of a loan for a visual pattern?

I should think there is every chance - only I gave it to Bean ages ago when i got an Incra fence for my router table as an xmas prezzie from my lovely wife.

Bean still has it in his workshop......

Latest posts

Back