Fine Woodworking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ring

Established Member
Reaction score
Morning all just wondering if any one subscribes to this magazine been thinking about getting it and just looking for views if it is worth it.
Thanks Jim

Well produced but very American.
Online version much cheaper.

I've stopped buying all mags as they become very repetitive.
You can access a lot of free stuff online now and save money?

Rod

I subscribe. I've looked at most of them, and it was best of the bunch for me. I went with it on the basis that it had at least a modicum of content that was not advertisement or thinly veiled product placement. Although of course the adverts that are there are for US products, so less useful.

There is also some hand tool related stuff - the issue I was reading this morning even has someone using a moulding plane, and many of the articles and projects go further beyond beginner level - the same issue has an article about Windsor chair making for example.

Having said that, I agree that all magazines become repetitive after a few years. It does not take me long to read an issue, once you have skipped over the articles on novel ways to endanger your fingers with power tools.

Latest posts

Back