Findable pencils

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary":siekt0q3 said:
What's the difference between the Staedtler red and yellow pencils?

The yellow ones tend to be cheaper, they are classed as writing pencils and come in fewer grades, 2H to 2B. The red ones are 10p more and classed as drawing pencils and go from 6H to 6B. beyond that I can't find any other difference. Yep your question has now turned me into a pencil geek :cry:.

I think the 10p difference is the most important factor, I may now be converted to the Yeller ones.

I get them cos the lead breaks less than most other makes, though the whole thing breaks as often when I put them in my pocket. I have a large amount of 2" staedtler pencils, or would have if I could find the b*****s.

I used to work for a company where if you wanted a new pencil, you had to take the old stub back to the storekeeper. Quite often rather than get a new pencil he would give you a length of copper pipe to stick the stub in so that you could use more of the pencil. Never understood the logic as the piece of pipe probably cost more than a new pencil.

Back when i had a 1500sq ft workshop i used to lose lots of pencils, when after 15 years i moved out & cleared it i think i found two?
I still lose them today, since i started wearing glasses i cant stick them behind my ear any more.
I think that there must be a hole in the space time continuum where pencils get sucked into then leprechauns build log cabins from all the lost pencils, or something like that!

bugbear":20bklayd said:

I think that there is something in that- have something nice, you always put it back in a known place and take care to do so. Take a decent rollerball or other pen compared with cheap biros, pencils etc which are put down wherever and easily lost.

marcros":6m4ekxut said:
bugbear":6m4ekxut said:

I think that there is something in that- have something nice, you always put it back in a known place and take care to do so. Take a decent rollerball or other pen compared with cheap biros, pencils etc which are put down wherever and easily lost.

:wink:

“Somewhere in the cosmos, he said, along with all the planets inhabited by humanoids, reptiloids, fishoids, walking treeoids and superintelligent shades of the color blue, there was also a planet entirely given over to ballpoint life forms. And it was to this planet that unattended ballpoints would make their way, slipping away quietly through wormholes in space to a world where they knew they could enjoy a uniquely ballpointoid lifestyle, responding to highly ballpoint-oriented stimuli, and generally leading the ballpoint equivalent of the good life.

And as theories go this was all very fine and pleasant until Veet Voojagig suddenly claimed to have found this planet, and to have worked there for a while driving a limousine for a family of cheap green retractables, whereupon he was taken away, locked up, wrote a book and was finally sent into tax exile, which is the usual fate reserved for those who are determined to make fools of themselves in public.”

― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I to suffer from phantom pencil (behind the ear syndrome) as this is a daily thing for me even on Saturday shopping trips to the supermarket you will always find a pencil or pen behind one ear hahahaha..anyways how about a piece of velcro on your work garment and another round the pencil itself or a proper pair work pants with the elephant ears pockets, best pair I've ever bought yet Snickers brand..expensive but well worth the investment
Regards
C

Back