Festool voucher questions, plus added extractor question.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlb40

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i was just wondering how the voucher system works. I know there is a minimum spend of £400 on machines and not accessories. So does that apply to the various package offers?

Say these as an example
http://www.axminster.co.uk/festool-ts-5 ... connectors
or
http://www.axminster.co.uk/festool-ts-5 ... essory-kit

Would the voucher be allowed on either of the above. Or is it literally machines only?

Also is there a minimum spend before getting a voucher? Obviously i wouldn't expect a voucher to be given out with a clamp or rail connector etc. Although it would be very welcome. :mrgreen:

TIA knowledgable Festool ones.
Bow.gif

The only ones out there at the moment, as far as I am aware, are the demo vouchers. You have a demo with the local rep and they give a voucher for a local store. When I enquired I could use one of a couple of places, both of which were uncompetitive compared to toolfest or nuts and bolts. I know that there is more than just price but I cannot fault the service from toolfest and have seen similar reports from n and b.

Can't help on the package sorry.

I've just bought the above package you mention and whilst I didn't have a Festool voucher this time around, for future reference I asked the sales assistant if the vouchers would have been accepted for the Festool package deals and the reply was, yes.

Another recommendation for Nuts and Bolts. I ordered my MFT top and Festool clamps from them a few days ago and the service was outstanding, as were their prices. My enquiry was very late in the afternoon when some of the staff had already gone home, despite this, the chap I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful and even kindly took some measurements for me and answered all my queries. My order was placed not far short of closing time yet I had the items delivered the very next morning. Superb service.

I've just returned from an Axeminster demonstration weekend where they were offering 10% off of the highest priced item purchased, this made the TS55 packages the cheapest around. I don't know how frequently they do these sort of promotions but it may be worth checking their website frequently or signing up for their e-mail club.

If your looking for a TS55 package in the near future, The Saw Center or D & M Tools have the best deals available as far as I found.

I got the d&m two guide rails and clamps deal £475 but I used a voucher so I was £425 I was pleased with that. D&m is pretty sweet shop.

adidat

AFAIK - If the tool is £400 the voucher can be redeemed, What the tool comes with is irrelevant.

Both N&B and DM Tools give excellent service.

carlb40":1rgi5cae said:
Hi guys, i was just wondering how the voucher system works. I know there is a minimum spend of £400 on machines and not accessories. So does that apply to the various package offers?

Say these as an example
http://www.axminster.co.uk/festool-ts-5 ... connectors
or
http://www.axminster.co.uk/festool-ts-5 ... essory-kit

Would the voucher be allowed on either of the above. Or is it literally machines only?

Also is there a minimum spend before getting a voucher? Obviously i wouldn't expect a voucher to be given out with a clamp or rail connector etc. Although it would be very welcome. :mrgreen:

TIA knowledgable Festool ones.
Bow.gif

You missed the boat I'm afraid as far as I know all the given out vouchers ran out the end of Feb.

I have bought loads of stuff from n&b lately including a kapex set. Their service is excellent.

D&m are local to me and ok but can be quite unhelpful in the shop when they want to be.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, i might look into a demo in a month or so and see what happens. Axi will probably get my pennies as their prices are not too far off others for Festool stuff - well some of it. Plus i am working about 15 min away from the Nuneaton branch, so can easily pop there after work on a friday. :)

chippy1970":1ywyqqvd said:
D&m are local to me and ok but can be quite unhelpful in the shop when they want to be.

+1. They're not the friendliest bunch, either. Shame really, as it's a pretty well stocked shop and their prices aren't too bad most of the time, but I find myself trying to avoid them now.

Well i might be getting the TS55 sooner than planned due to the job i am currently on. It is a warehouse conversion into 16 ish rooms all boarded both sides with osb. I think there are around 10 pallets of osb to be cut and scribed in. So depending on funds and how i feel, i may well get it a week friday.

Having checked various prices Axi are the cheapest for the kit in the 2nd link.

So i was reading up on the mini/midi and i like the idea of the power take off/ auto start feature. However i notice that no matter which extractor i get even if it was a CTL model, i can only use a 500w max tool (110v version as needed for site work). Which rules out anything bar a sander :? So is there a way around it? As i'm lazy i would prefer to have the vac come on when the tool does. :mrgreen:

While the TS55 is a given, a Festool extractor isn't, so if anyone knows of a compact auto vac ( 110v) that can be used with tools at around 1400w please shout out. :)

carlb40":acqxqtrm said:
So i was reading up on the mini/midi and i like the idea of the power take off/ auto start feature. However i notice that no matter which extractor i get even if it was a CTL model, i can only use a 500w max tool (110v version as needed for site work)...
This comes up pretty regularly - if you take a look on FOG there are many threads about the subject ( including this one - http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-t ... /midi-vac/) and also quite a few threads here if you do a search.

Bottom line is that any Festool tool designed to be connected to a vac can be run from any Festool vac; if you have a search through FOG a UK member on this thread - http://festoolownersgroup.com/festool-t ... owners/30/ - posts a reply from TTS confirming max wattage is 2400W for both 110 and 240v extractors.

HTH Pete.

Thank you Peter i shall have a read of those tomorrow. I'm not a member on FOG so never thought to look there. :oops:

I was just basing my question from the info supplied on axminsters site for the Festool extractors. #-o

So looks like the mini/midi are on the to buy list, i just need to see what space i have in my car.

carlb40":ux7umksw said:
Thank you Peter i shall have a read of those tomorrow. I'm not a member on FOG so never thought to look there. :oops:

I was just basing my question from the info supplied on axminsters site for the Festool extractors. #-o

So looks like the mini/midi are on the to buy list, i just need to see what space i have in my car.
No worries; it's a subject that comes up pretty regularly because of the unclear info that Festool supply to their dealers and in their documentation, and there doesn't seem to be any definitive answer as to why it hasn't been addressed.

Anecdotally, I'm pretty sure Chris (Chippy1970) is all 110v, and I'm sure he'd be posting if he'd had any issue running his Kapex through his Midi ;)

Re. the Mini vs Midi, I believe the only difference between them is in the size of the housing/bucket, which adds a couple of inches to the height of the Midi, which is where the extra capacity is, of course. Festool have been aggressively promoting the Midi since they were updated last year (all Festool vacs now have the same amount of 'suckage') and if you shop around you'll find them for only a few quid more than the Mini; FWIW I've had a Midi since they were first available, and honestly can't fault it despite many years of hard use.

HTH Pete

Yeah i did notice there really wasn't much of a price difference between the 2. Working out of a mk1 focus hatchback space is at a premium, however after some measurements were taken today i can squeeze the midi in. :D

Carl don't worry you can run most 110v stuff off a midi. I was worried when I got my first midi back in 2007 and saw the sticker. I rang festool and was told to ignore it too. The 500 watt max sticker was just something the Germans stick on it in the factory.

Pete has linked lots of useful stuff there for you and I'm sure my posts about it are there somewhere. Ive run a kapex off it and even my dewalt router which is 2300 watt if I remember rightly.

Thanks thats cool then. I did have a quick look on FOG last night. Might even join once i have my First festool item :)

Just take it easy. I bought my midi mid December and I already have 4 systainers stacked on top full of tools. Its a very slippery slope!
:)

Adidat

Oh i know. I was planning on getting some systainers to house my 18v makita stuff :D

Plus i won't be getting too much Festool stuff. But a Domino might be on the cards at some point. :)

Oh and i like the look of the planer and maybe the CXS for the workshop :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back