Festool Long guide rails sorted 4 LR32sys anyone interested?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petiegolfer

Established Member
Reaction score
I have some wardrobes to build and will be using my LR32.

I have decided that part of my birthday money is going to make holes in my 3m guide rail! :shock:

http://www.jslaserprofiles.com/

I checked out these guys last year and took along my 1080 LR32 rail to see if they could do the same to my 3m rail they said it shouldnt be a problem!

Can I have a show of hands of peeps who might be interested in having rails done if mine turns out OK. The company will keep the programming and therefore will be able to do others.

Piers

You do know the the holes are not round but elongated slightly I found that out at festool owners group where a few people were thinking of doing what you are planning.

What LR32 set do you have is it the full set, I have been after a set for ages now on ebay etc but they are always too expensive never see any bargains.

They sell 1400 LR32 rails now.

Hi Chippy

I have the base set of the LR32 for the OF1010. I will take a pic of what you get and post it tomorrow.

I think it was this one:

http://www.festool.co.uk/mediandoweb/in ... ARENT=2578

I am aware of the oval shape to the registration holes. Thats the great thing about laser profiling...its accurate to 0.1mm and can cut any shape you like...I might be wrong but it is probably the way Festool have it done.

Piers

That's fascinating !

Yep ! I think it might just manage ovals :lol:

These holes, can they bo done in a rail for use with a self centering bit? I imagine they would just be fully round ?

What sort of price are we talking ?

Cheers

Jed

Your man said £80 last year to do a 3m rail...most of the time would be measuring and programming.

I will hopefully get hold of him tomorrow and see if he remembers!!

Piers

Piers,

Yeah thats the set I was going to get around £50-60 plus another £60 for a 1080 rail they reduced them as the 1080 holed rails are discontinued now.

That laser cutting is amazing :shock:

Petiegolfer":k7vf4gz3 said:
I have some wardrobes to build and will be using my LR32.

I have decided that part of my birthday money is going to make holes in my 3m guide rail! :shock:

http://www.jslaserprofiles.com/

I checked out these guys last year and took along my 1080 LR32 rail to see if they could do the same to my 3m rail they said it shouldnt be a problem!

Can I have a show of hands of peeps who might be interested in having rails done if mine turns out OK. The company will keep the programming and therefore will be able to do others.

Piers

Thanks for posting the link to the laser cutters. They are local to me and I need some 12mm steel cutting. They are giving me a quote.

Bob

I'm planning to build a sheet metal folder. Since retiring, this is one machine I had free access to at work that I really miss. So far I've had to call in favours from colleagues to allow me back in for odd jobs.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/f65/makin ... ome-45792/

The machine is fabricated from 10 and 12mm thick steel which is heavy going to cut by hand hence the interest in laser profiling. I have another quote being prepared elsewhere and it will be interesting to compare them.

I'm just hoping one or other will be affordable.

Bob

Surprisingly versatile thing a folder. Despite have a factory full of CNC sheet metalworking kit including punch presses and press brakes a tatty old Edwards 3ft folder still got used pretty regularly for mock up and try outs. Now and again it even managed the odd production run :)
That old folder was the first bit of 'kit' we bought when starting up in 1980. Sold in 2006 for about £100.

I kept a #3 deep throat fly press and some vee block and blade when we closed the factory so I can still bend the odd bracket if I need one.

Ok Fulla's

I should have a 1400 and my 3000 ready for tomorrow.

I will of course post pics and give feedback.

Cost....lets just say that if they are done in batches things could work out pretty inexpensive!!! :D

Piers

Hi Piers,

I got a quote from they guys that are doing your job for something completely different (cutting 12mm thick steel) and they were almost twice as expensive as the competing quote.

I would have liked to support a local firm but not at that price differential.

If you or anyone else were bulking up an order in the future, I can give you the details of the firm I gave my order to and also feedback on their quality.

Bob

Back