Festool Basis Plus System - - Am I mad???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevieob

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm looking at purchasing some Festool's. I have never seen any of their stuff up close and personal, but I've been researching and their stuff looks great, and I believe I might be getting a bargain........BUT am I??

The Basis Plus System seems to have been replaced with CMS, so I guess I am, looking for some guidance. I don't mind buying out of date stuff if the price is right. However I am reading there might be conflicts if I decide to add on bits and pieces at later stages, and the new stuff won't work with the old. For Example, there is one saw rail involved, will I be able to buy a new one? are they they same as the old ones? will they connect up?

I'm unsure as to exactly what I am getting as the internet seems to be scarce on info on the old stuff, and not knowing much about it, it gets confusing!

I am waiting on an exact list, but in essence, this is what I think is involved. All been used for light DIY work, seen some pics and look in decent shape

A plunge saw with rail. I've no idea model no.
An OF 2000E router - apparently never used
A Jigsaw... again no idea what one.

Told that all the above come in their systrainer boxes.

A basic table
Module insert for trimming saw,
6A Router module extension table - I think this is the router insert with fence etc, plus the V650 extension table
Trimming attachment.??
Guide rail.
Angle stop

It is worth remembering that I am a novice, but at the same time fairly handy with my hands. I like to do DIY, and want to do it right, so no harm in getting the right tools. But I am a bit lost when it comes to a lot of the technical information, so please keep it simple.

You shouldn't need to add much to the table - maybe a length extension w,which can be adapted to fit . The guide rails have probably changed to the version with an open channel on the top of the rail - call the agent to see if they are backwards compatible.
The OF2000E doesn't have built in extraction but suits table use as it has double bearings, the fine height adjuster is part of the table insert
The jigsaws are mixed, the PS1 had fixed guides mounted on the baseplate, the later PS2 /200/300 all had guides which allowed tilting cuts - I like my PS200e
The trimming attachment is a fixed crosscut fence with an adjustable stop - the work remains stationary and the saw carriage is pulled towards you (it's a German thing)
The guy has bought a system without skimping on accessories and if it hasn't been thrashed to death it should be a good buy
Matt

Thanks for that Shrubby, some good feedback from you there which is well appreciated.

Just an update on what is actually involved in the deal. The guy has just given me an all in price for everything. I'd be interested to hear anyone opinion on what I should be paying him.

The Basis Plus System basic Unit 1A
Module insert for trimming saw,
Basis 6A Router module
Router extension table V650
some sort of Trimming attachment rail 2m long????? - not the rail for the plunge saw

ATF 55E plunge saw with rail apx 5ft long
An OF 2000E router - apparently never used
PS 200E Jigsaw

all the above come in their systrainer boxes.

A Double hose for Vacuum but no vacuum.

Back