Fein Supercut v Festool Vecturo (or a Multimaster?)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ali

Established Member
Reaction score
I need a multi tool for work, mainly architrave work, door(frame) retrofitting and some grout work. I have decided on a corded version but having trouble deciding which to buy - seeing either models will mean a bit of a trek so could do with some help choosing please if anyone has any opinions.

I'm aware of the other thread on the Bosch multi tool, the reason I was mainly interested in the Supercut and Vecturo is due to the 400w motor, but the new 350w multimaster looks much improved. Am i right in thinking the multimaster blades won't fit on a supercut/vecturo?

I've had the multimaster 250 for years. Looked at the vecturo , supercut and new 350 multimaster last year at DM tool show. I went with the 350 as it felt way more powerful than the other two with less vibration.

I'm a Festool owner so couldve quite easily gone for the vecturo but the multimaster made more sense. If you can try them all out I'm sure you will agree

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

To second the above, though green and grey is great, I am not sure that you get a whole load more with the Festool.

The Fein is very well built, though the box it comes in, in my experience, is utter rubbish.

Ali":2xshm4vc said:
Am i right in thinking the multimaster blades won't fit on a supercut/vecturo?

Ali, that's correct. The multimaster has an eight spoked star arrangement, the supercut/vecturo has a 12 pointed polygon (or, a dodecagon on Sundays). I believe you can get a converter, but I've never seen one in the flesh so can't really comment.

I've got a MM350 which is fine for what I do, mainly architraves etc. I got mine in a Systainer case, worth looking out for if you've got other systainers.

Cheers, Kev.

Yeah mine came in the old style case so I bought a SYS 2 off eBay for it. They now come in a SYS 1

Thanks for your help guys, have got my eyes on a Multimaster 350Q in a systainer now. Did plan a day out to the festool tour but can't justify spending that much more on a vecturo for little benefit.

Cheers guys

Toolstop had the best price if you need a discount code pm me I've got a couple. I think one was goog14

Skip all 3. I bought the 350q and it was toast in 3 months. Also the anti vibration casing has led to a massive drop off in accuracy. The blade just wants to wander.. The worx sonicrafter f50 is the best machine on the market now. 2.5° of oscillation beats every other multitool on the market. Also it loves to be pushed. Had it a year and it takes some punishment

I tried out the Festool Vecturo yesterday, I have an old Fein Multimaster and a Ryobi Cordless. The Vecturo with the plunge base is very accurate and in comparison with the others is very much more precise, and the vibration and noise is reduced compared to my other models. On the other hand, the blades are much less available from other manufacturers and if you already have a multitool with blades, the likelihood is they will not fit.

I made a decision yesterday to buy the Vecturo just based on it's use with the plunge base which makes it considerably more accurate than a standard multitool.

Alexfn":hse9mcvs said:
Skip all 3. I bought the 350q and it was toast in 3 months. Also the anti vibration casing has led to a massive drop off in accuracy. The blade just wants to wander.. The worx sonicrafter f50 is the best machine on the market now. 2.5° of oscillation beats every other multitool on the market. Also it loves to be pushed. Had it a year and it takes some punishment
You must have had a duff one. My one works fine and I use it in a Trade environment most days. Its much better than all the others I've used including the vecturo

chippy1970":2s1fqp3w said:
Alexfn":2s1fqp3w said:
You must have had a duff one. My one works fine and I use it in a Trade environment most days. Its much better than all the others I've used including the vecturo

Im trade also. I use mine to undercut 20m lengths of 25mm thick pitch pine facings without stopping. The fein couldnt hack it and it was also slow.. The worx eats it up.

Used to use a Roberts jambsaw but this is much more accurate

Back