Fed up with the price of systainers?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
saw this the other day. I like his stuff and he has some great ideas. bit obsessed with stencilling his name on everyhing though

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If I even knew what a systainer was before watching that, I'd have mounted the hinges using slightly longer rivets and a washer on the inside... if I riveted things to plywood, that is.

... he also has the added bonus that each box adds 2cwt to everything he puts in there. :-D

Not a bad idea but, at least to me, it all seemed over the top for what it was.

But then I always think that plastic parts containers are very expensive for what they are. When you think of all the other thousands of injection moulded items available for only penies, why are parts containers so expensive?

End rant, stay on topic please :D

All well and good. But 3 hours making that would cost me £75, where as a sys 4 is £45 and i have been lugging about 25kg of hand tools in one for two years now and its still as good as new!

Adidat

Yeah i thought the same (actually i don't think i could make that in three hours) but it's good fun, have a look at some of his other videos he's got some clever ideas

porker":mi0ltlxv said:
bit obsessed with stencilling his name on everyhing though
Diresta was the first youtuber I saw plastering his name all over everything. I thought that was just his ego at play... but turns out earlier videos were getting reuploaded to other channels and passed off as original content. He only then started putting his channel name on his vids to stop that from happening.

Anyroad, nice work on the systainer, but I reckon I'd rather buy one and have the time for other things.

Nelsun":1mlwhomg said:
porker":1mlwhomg said:
bit obsessed with stencilling his name on everyhing though
Diresta was the first youtuber I saw plastering his name all over everything. I thought that was just his ego at play... but turns out earlier videos were getting reuploaded to other channels and passed off as original content. He only then started putting his channel name on his vids to stop that from happening.

Anyroad, nice work on the systainer, but I reckon I'd rather buy one and have the time for other things.
Not just that, but he also recognised early on that his name is his brand, and he's made quite a successful brand of it at that...

That's why he paints over his tool brand names too

Well what a fuss for something that's not as good as a Systainer! And that's a dumb way to use pop rivets for several reasons.

I've been making my own recently, as I have a couple of sanders that came in cardboard boxes, and need storage for both them and associated gubbins...

... but it's workshop/site storage. It needs to be strong and good enough to do the job - I'm not going to waste days on making it look like something I can buy for 30 quid!

Shows off his skills, I guess, but also some odd ways of doing things.

E.

I slid down a set of wet stairs at work with my makita makpac box - I pretty much landed on it at the bottom and it was fine. I was amazed!

They are really tough i use Mine as hops ups and they have survived many falls etc in the back of the van!

Adidat

Not very practical really but like has been said before some very good ideas in other videos and I would also prefer to watch him than eastenders or coronation street

Back