Featherboard kits for basa3 bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niall Church

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,Is there a featherboard kit one can buy for the basa 3 bandsaw,I notice the channel in the table for the mitre jig is a bit narrower than other bandsaws!

Well,that too involved for me,nice,but a little bit much! Looking for something a bit simpler

I use a big lump of an offcut myself, and still have the square of ply with magnets stuck to the
underside to facilitate clearing the webbing when clamping it down, (back when I had lesser clamps)
I don't need to clamp that lump down too often, just held with my right hand, solid as you need,
and used with at least a 450mm length pokey stick for me left hand.
Not convinced by those gimmicky plastic things, they all look flimsy to me.

Screenshot from SAM_8111.MP4.png

Some say if the blade snaps, the most likely direction in which the blade might eject towards
is nearly where my hand might be....
Though I think that could highly likely be down to a saw what's outta whack to necessitate
such a thing, just something to consider.

1696033419695.png

Grant Goltz's setup is to use the fence from the left side, why I don't know
Could be the same thinking as above.

Centauro have had a machine with this option, what's not a dual faced fence
eyJidWNrZXQiOiJkb25lZGVhbC5pZS1waG90b3MiLCJlZGl0cyI6eyJ0b0Zvcm1hdCI6ImpwZWciLCJyZXNpemUiOnsiZ...jpeg

Just stirring up some feathers really, especially as the Centauro has no milled slots on some.
If it were a good idea, then it'd be a done thing already.
I've not seen something like that from an industrial machine, and only seen them from utoobers trying to get rich quick.

All the best
Tom

Back