Farewell old shop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I am moving into a new shop next weekend and have started dismantling machines ready for the move. It sure is going to be fun moving all the machinery through the house and out to the van. :roll: My 'New shop' is about twice the size of this one so should be a lot better for me. I just hope I can get enough work to pay for it, watch this space. It is pretty cheap at £200 per month so not a lot to earn to keep it running. Will keep you all posted once the move begins.

Good luck also! Hope everything goes to plan and you are back up and running as soon as possible!

My old gaffer used to say that when he moved out of a garage and into a proper workshop, he had only two choices, one was to expand to accomodate the bigger demand for work, the other was to loose the work because he hadn't expanded. 20 years on and he had 2 industrial units with a workforce of 15-20 people and a monthly running cost of 40k to break even.

Best of luck with the move, maillee. That does sound cheap; about half of what most people I know tend to pay.

What's going to happen to your old workshop?

Look forward to seeing plenty of photos! :wink:

It is wonderful to see upward progression in such a bad climate!

Just imagine what you can do when the governement and banks get their act together and we can all bask in the sun of a new dawn....

Cheers

Jim

Hope it all goes well Mailee, if you need a hand lifting all that gear unfortunately I'm not available next weekend!! :wink: :lol:

All the best with your new business too!
cheers
Steve

Good luck.
I know how you feel as I pick up the keys to my new unit in the morning.
Mine is also £200 a month ( plus the dreaded business rates).
Doesnt seem much until you add up all your other expenses does it.

Good luck
Anyone passing Uckfield feel free to drop in....

Davin

Good luck mailee

davin":2rvne8gy said:
Good luck.
I know how you feel as I pick up the keys to my new unit in the morning.
Mine is also £200 a month ( plus the dreaded business rates).
Doesnt seem much until you add up all your other expenses does it.

Good luck
Anyone passing Uckfield feel free to drop in....

Davin

I pay £200 a month on my shop, and the small business rates relief has just recently gone from 50% to 100%, so don't need to pay business rates now...

"Impact of the Budget on Small Business Rate Relief

Between 1 October 2010 and 30 September 2011, eligible ratepayers will receive small business rate relief at 100 per cent on properties up to £6,000 (rather than 50 per cent), and a tapering relief from 100 per cent to 0 per cent for properties up to £12,000 in rateable value for that period.

There are no other adjustments to the scheme and the eligibility criteria will remain the same. Your local billing authority will contact you about how this may affect you, but you should continue to pay your rates as per the bill you have received until a new bill reflecting the change is issued.

Contact your local authority if you need further advice."

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac ... 1073792393

Back