Extreme Birdhouse # 27

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cranbrook2

Established Member
Reaction score
Happy New year everyone.
Here is my first birdhouse of the year.
It is made from 150 yr old reclaimed barn wood.
P4040018.JPG

P4040028-1.JPG

P4040027.JPG

P4040029.JPG

I love these things. Nuts, in the best possible way. Are you running out of birds yet?

John

Brilliant! But I've just got to ask - what are the internal arrangements like? Does each entrance hole lead to a separate nesting box or are there communal roosts inside?

In parts of this country, squirrels have taken to gnawing their way into nesting boxes, usually from underneath. But your house looks pretty solid and predator-proof.

Regards.

Another class birdshouse. I like the new roof in red, it suits really well.

When will you stop :wink: You must have accommodation for the entire population of birds in your state.

John, these bird hotels of yours really are something else.

I always thought though that having pegs under the holes gave larger birds somewhere to stand while they poked their heads into the holes, scaring the life out of the occupants.

Andy

Thanks again gentlemen.
I use 3/16 plywood for the insides. not sure what that is in metric. :lol:

I haven,t had any problems with large birds at all.

P7270029.JPG

P7270031.JPG

John

Again another masterpeice, what I want to know is how do you plan your projects, is it what you wnat to do or the client?

Thank you Waka
Most of the time i usually get an idea in my head then i build it.

When i built this one i had no idea what i was building until it was almost complete. This one took me 4 days to build.

I do have some customers that ask for replicas of their house or cottage.
I have done 2 like that so far.
Most of the time i build them to stay busy not so much for the money.

john

Fantastic.....I'm a bit dismayed tho' to see that the interior is so spartan. :roll: Where's the jacuzzi and bar? :lol: - Rob

Very....very nice. =D>

I love these bird houses. 8)

I was in the process of making an "ordinary" bird house after my young daughters insistence, put's my meagre efforts to shame!

Excellent work, well done!

Back