Experience of / Advice about : Retrofit underfloor heating

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sideways

UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I need to update and redecorate a small bedroom in a late 70's house.
It's on the ground floor and one of the colder corners of the house.
Being a small space and as I plan to improve the insulation of the room, this could be a good opportunity to DIY install a wet underfloor heating.

I'd love to learn from anyone who has experience of this.

I don't want to raise the floor level massively.
I'm interested in something like foam slab down onto the existing concrete, something precut for holding the plastic pipes in place, a cover board like high pressure laminate to take and spread the load, engineered wood strip flooring to finish.

It's a bedroom, so not high traffic. I prefer to avoid a poured floor as that makes it much harder to repair if anything fails in years to come.

Did just this a good few years ago I’m sure I’ve some photos somewhere, put down insulation then into the grooves in the insulation fitted aluminium heat spreading plates & finally put the pipe into the plates, this I then laid an engineered oak floor on.

Grant do a system where you fit pipes into a board with the pipe grooves, then cover with thin ply.
Ive recently had a Grant low pro ufh system fitted on a house I'm doing for a customer. We had glendinnings excelio pumped in ( flow screed )

Their tech department are very helpful and will recommend suitable products

Back