Evo-Stik Adhesive Cleaner - okay with varnish?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kryten602

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to re glue the plastic scratch plate on my 12 string accoustic. 30 years ago I had to glue it on after it fell off and used Evo-Stik contact. Now it's fallen off again and I want to remove the old glue from the varnished wooden body to get a good contact. Will Evo-Stik Adhesive Cleaner also remove any varnish on the body if I stray accidentally? I'm also going to give the whole thing a good clean and would like to clean and brighten up the machine heads too. Any ideas on how best to do that would also be much appreciated. I think they're either chrome or nickel plated maybe.

Attachments

• IMG_1905.JPG
    IMG_1905.JPG
    352.1 KB · Views: 4
I would think it'll wreak havoc with the finish.

Although getting the guitar too hot is likely to be detrimental, gently heating up the glue may allow you to piggle it off.
Cheers Andy

I would think it'll wreak havoc with the finish.

Although getting the guitar too hot is likely to be detrimental, gently heating up the glue may allow you to piggle it off.
Cheers Andy

Thanks Andy, I had a feeling it would. But I won't be using any heat treatments.

Back