Everything is free?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this service only launched this week, so probably not many using it as yet. Its worth watching though to see what reactions are to it and how it works out. Bear in mind though that you may not get 8mbs on the broadband as the max speed is dependant on your BT exchange rather than the service you choose.

There was a mention of this on Working Lunch
It is being set up by Car Phone Wharehouse and they fully expect to run at a loss for the first year
there are conditions attached to the free broadband so read the small print
some say this is the competition needed to bring prices down

Nigel

Don't forget they bought Onetel who have been doing this sort of thing for years. They have just put the marketing into it.

you need the whole package, and i am not sure that overall it will be any cheaper than some of the present bt broad talk offerings.

dont forget you have to pay talk talk line rental too, which increases the costs, there is an 18 month contract, and no comment about the modem

so far i have found broadtalk a workable solution over the last month or so.

but maybe they will all get cheaper.

paul :wink:

Have to say I was intrigued.

Their newspaper advert seems to suggest that for £11 line rental (same as BT) and £9.99 a month then you get unlimited phone calls, anytime to UK landlines and 28 countries (EU, USA, Canada ...list is on their website) plus the broadband service.

Then I tried 'Can I get it' and sadly for those rurally challenged like me the answer is No.

Roger,
I still have not taken the plunge on this one, because the free calls on the talk3 int. tariff I wonder if that is only to talk talk customer lines.
0845 & 0807 are chargeable calls ( and everybody seems to have those these days).
The BBC this morning hinted that any support calls are between £1 & £3 per minute.

No such thing as a free lunch :lol:

On a separate note is it me and my browser but the Unsubscribe to this topic link is missing from its' usual place?

Don't forget they bought Onetel who have been doing this sort of thing for years.

Onetel is was the company behind Justdial with whom I am a customer. I had an email explaining all the benefits I will get of now being a customer of Carphone Warehouse. Closer scrutiny of the small print revealed a whopping increase in many international call rates, some upward of 150%. My wife calls home to Belize quite a bit. Quite affordable with Justdial Saver at 18p.p.m. It's going up to 43p.p.m. I have sent a scud email to Carphone warehouse letting them know that they will shortly be losing a customer. "Free"... hah! - for some maybe but others will be picking up the tab. :evil:

Ike

I had a look and enterred my post code to see if I 'qualified' and guess what? Broadband will cost me £10 per month from them.

Free eh?

Back