Ever thought about Marquet Floors?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyG

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

The old brain was having one of it's wondering moments over the weekend. I was wondering that, seeing as you get both parquetry and marquetry, do you get marquet flooring because you get parquet flooring....
I've never heard of marquet flooring so thought I'd have a bit of a google (Yes, it's Monday morning and a slow work day!!)

Anyway I found this and thought some others might find it interesting. The source is a website called http://www.thefloorist.net/Flora.html
fn_flora_botlt_lg.jpeg

Would look lovely on a conservatory floor or such like.
(Hope no one minds this slightly rambling thread!!)

Andy

My wife's always having a go at me about sweeping up the leaves outside the front door. I tend to take the pragmatic view - what's the point, the wind will only blow some more along as soon as I've finished.

I could really wind her up with a floor like that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul

Our old Dutch house has a stunningly beautiful marquet floor, with flowers (Tulips of course- the house belonged to a tulip grower) as well as patterns and animals.

We had about 2m square repaired last year as the floor had buckled a bit and the marquet was popping out, the quote and then the final bill was staggering - but the work was top notch. Delighted with the repair and the now flat floor (was 5cm higher in the middle of the bump!)

Mind you those leaves look like a relatively easy thing to do assuming you can cut a template and have one of those router guides with a removable collar and matched bit.

Latest posts

Back