Ever been shusshed on a train?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric The Viking

Established Member
Reaction score
Bristle, CUBA (the County that Used to Be Avon)
[edit: they've finally corrected it sometime this morning -- shame!]

So there we are, heading home on the 2145h from Paddington, in a "quiet carriage", after a wonderful afternoon at an art gallery and then a "Just A Minute" recording (start of a new series!).

She blows up a neck pillow and goes to sleep; I turn on the tablet to catch up on the world (silly person!), and go to the Telegraph home page, just to see this:
exactly-how-old-is-she.png

:shock: :roll: #-o

I copped it. In my defence, we'd just spent two hours laughing as loudly as possible at/with Nicholas Parsons et al.

The really funny bit is that three-and-a-half hours later, as I type, it's still up there!

Sub-editors - who needs em?

E.

PS: The article does explain that the monarch has two birthdays very year. Perhaps they've just got badly out of sync...

Attachments

• exactly-how-old-is-she.png
    exactly-how-old-is-she.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 779
Jeremy Corbyn, a lifelong republican, will also pay his respects, which is the normal process for a Leader of the Opposition when the House celebrates a monarch's birthday.
Does this mean Jezza won't need any lunch as he'll have eaten humble pie earlier? :D

Latest posts

Back