Erbauer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dance

Established Member
Reaction score
I keep seeing Erbauer router bits being feted. But is Erbauer a standalone brand or just a Screwfix marketing name?

I seem to remember reading that Erbauer and Titan are Screwfix brands. My experience with the planer thicknesser lead me to imagine [fancifully] that they allow them to retail essentially similar items as different brands depending on the quality control standards/findings.

monkeybiter":r7jh576a said:
I seem to remember reading that Erbauer and Titan are Screwfix brands. My experience with the planer thicknesser lead me to imagine [fancifully] that they allow them to retail essentially similar items as different brands depending on the quality control standards/findings.

So the quality control for Titan would be : "Does it look about right? and turn on?"
and for Erbauer : "Does it kind of do the job without breaking?"

I had a routering job to do in inch thick oak, bought 3 Erbauer router bits from Screwfix. Thinking, cheap, I got 3, save petrol going back for another to finish the job. Expecting only a short life.
Returned 2, unused.
The one I used, did all the work, and looks almost unused.
Will use again.

bod

Without doubt the Erbauer and Titan names are brand names used by screwfix and the same items could be purchased elsewhere but they have put their name to them and are prepared to back that up with good customer service.
I have some Erbauer mansonary bits and a Titan concrete breaker and all have exceeded my expectations

I found my grandads erbauer Impact drill in a drawer 3 years after he died. The battery was fully charged!!

Adidat

I have a few Erbauer bits now, ive got the 1/2 router, 125mm ROS, and the brushless 18v drill/impact combo. All are excellent, the only problem I've had is with the router after about 5 years the speed control has packed up but it still works but only on full speed. The 18v drill has done quite a bit of work already as I'm renovating a house, drills into concrete lintels no problems battery life is also good.

Matt

No experience of the machinery as I tend not to buy the cheaper brands believing that you get what you pay for. However, I bought some erbauer drill bits once as they were available in the size and quantity that I wanted at the time. I was so glad that I did, as these exceeded my expectation. I bought a pack of 5 but only used 1, and that one is as good as the first time I used it after many cuts in mild steel, cast iron and various woods. For drill bits I would buy these over any other make I have ever used! But as I said I have no experience of their machinery.

I have Erbauer Impact driver, combi-drill (new LiOn), router 1/4 + 1/2 and bits for both. I can't fault any of them for what they cost me. Would definately by them again. Would like to see a few more gadgets in the line up too

I've had a few tools from both and would say Titan ones are the cheaper, heavy but solid variety and Erbauer are the cheap, heavy, solid but with added rubber grips. Lada Vs Beetle in old money ;) Both were good but you got what you paid for.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I've used a few of the erbauer and Titan tools and have no complaints. Go the Erbauer reciprocating saw for lopping tree branches, a Titan chainsaw (electric) for thicker branches / trunks when i was dropping a tree last year. Recently got the Titan T/P, which I've just used to thickness ~ 5m of 100x25mm oak. The oak was very smooth after this. It's also made a great job on any other h/w I've thrown at it. The only issue i would have with this is the fiddly installation of the dust extractor when jointing.

Back