Equiping a workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Gets heated here doesn't it?

Can I thank skywriter for his original question about w/s layout, it couldn't have come at a more opportune time for me as I am in the process of digging out an earth floor of a 4m x 8m barn in preparation for a reinforced concrete floor and hopefully the best ****** workshop I have had.

BTW did you guys know that B & Q company policy is to job-off display models after a particular stock batch is replaced? Coveted a Ryobi T/s but lingered at the £250 approx tag. Got the demo one (full permission of SWMBO) undamaged, complete with all parts , papers, guarantee for £100 off.

Any advice on P/T's max £500 would be appreciated. Going to be a necessity here as timber in France 2x UK price, MDF 3X. So recycled timber a first consideration.

Thanks to all for the guidance for us newbies to serious woodworking.

Regards
Brit-in-France

I love a good forum fight, next week it's which is bigger, six, or half a dozen?

Personally I'd have both a table saw and a bandsaw, a circular saw on rails, a vertical panel saw and a crack team of midgets who's heads are the same level as my machines so I can use them as mobile roller-stands.

Aidan

TheTiddles":2nl71vx4 said:
next week it's which is bigger, six, or half a dozen?

Aidan

When you say half a dozen Aiden, do you mean half the orthodox dozen, or do you mean half a bakers dozen? If the latter, then quite obviously.........
-
-

............ I should be gathering up my personal belongings and heading for the door........ :D :D

Mike

Escudo":yfkntcfa said:
I remember Rob 20 x 12, I have just enough space that size on one side of the garden. Just got to persuade the missus that if I claim the spot she will come out best, with less garden area to maintain! :wink:

I am not planning to move house Mike just spread out a bit in the garden.

Tony.

That's precisely what I did do, Tony, but with the added rider that I bult my wife a greenhouse on the far end, it's almost complete now and I'll be hanging the sliding door tomorrow, weather permitting that is, my original workshop was 12'x8' but I added an infill on the near end making it 20'x 8'

Rich.btw, you can see how I make use of shop space, including a T/S on my greenhouse project.

Back