Elm bowls.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul.J

Established Member
Reaction score
Here are three Elm bowls that I managed to get finished this week while getting through the blanks I have cut up.
I did start a few more but the splits were too bad so they went in the log pile.
I decided to leave them a little chunkier than I normally do with a nice round lip.
Sizes are-
9-1/2" x 3-1/4". Front.
8" x 3-3/8". Back right.
7-5/8" x 4".Back left
All finished with food safe oil.

elmbowls-ukw.jpg

Attachments

• elmbowls-ukw.jpg
    elmbowls-ukw.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 1,078
Lovely, I personally prefer curves and rounded edges but tend to go with what the wood wants. Lovely warm colours also.

That's a fine bunch of bowls like the grain and shape very nice indeed +1 for above
regards
Bill

Good to see you are managing some shed time Paul, sometimes a chunk of wood just askes to be left in it's finished form, regardless of what thoughts you had before you started.

Like the look of the website by the way.

Well done =D> lovely looking bowls, look great being chunky.
Why do bowls have to be turned thin? is it just to try and show the turners skill?

Geoff :wink:

Thanks folks glad you like em :D
Chas-glad you like the new site i have Steve J to thank for doing that for me :)
Jethro-No real skill involved in turning thin depending what you say thin is.Thin to me can be 1/8" wall thickness down to transparent wet turning where some better tool control is needed more but that only comes in time and practice.
JT-Glad you are back in the new bigger workshop,any piccys of the build/fit??

Back