Electrical connection of Scheppach TKU 4000

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niall

Established Member
Reaction score
It's the weekend so I can't ring NMA.

The TKU (240 volt) switch has a built in female socket and a male plug is supplied, for me to put a cable into. The plug is some sort of euro design, but only Earth is indicated. No indication for which of the other two connectors are L & N. The plug can go into the socket either way - it is not shaped to make the L & N only go to dedicated connectors.

Is this OK? I admit my ignorance - does it not matter to the motor if L & N get swapped?

If the motor is capacitor start even if you reverse polarity of the ac supply it will still run in the same direction.

The only way to get it to run backwards would be to reverse polarity of one motor winding only.

I doubt polarity is important if the manufacture has supplied a plug you could fit either way, some even provide automatic compensation.

Hovever in some cases reverse polarity can be highly dangerous even lethal!

Thanks very much for comments. Here's a pic of the plug:
DSC08328.jpg

The combined switch / socket:
DSC08330.jpg

A label on the side of the switch / socket:
DSC08331.jpg

That machine does not care about L-N polarity, I use several appliances with similar German extension lead sockets with no problems.

The Jet planer thicknesser and the Axminster thicknesser I have just bought have the same plug, just plug it in it will be fine.

Tom

Hi there from NMA, you are correct that only the earth is marked as it does not matter which way round the other leads go into. So long as you wire in the earth correctly, the other 2 can go in either side.
replacement plugs are available if you need them , part number 61014102.

cheers

Very many thanks for all replies. What a great resource this forum is.

Latest posts

Back