Electra Beckum HC 260 Planer Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip Streeting

Established Member
Reaction score
I have the above that I wish to sell. 8 yrs old aprox. hardly used and still has the original set of cutter in place. I anyone here is interested let me know.

Here are some pictures of the unit. Hopefully the closer pics of the adjustment points will illustrate how liitle use this has had.

Looking to achieve around £250 or more plus delivery. If any further detail pics are required please ask.

Phil

Hi Philip,

Yeah, a couple of questions...

*What width is the bed? * is it cast iron?

*Why hasn't it had much use?

*How much was it roughly when you bought it? I can't find the exact model on google or the Bay.

Cheers mate :)

PS. Just had a quick gander on your site, your bowls & hollow forms are excellent, definitely thinking about turning now I've seen your stuff. Can you recommend anyone's work that's inspired you please? :p :p :p :D :D :D

it's now the metabo hc260c.

good little machine, i have one.

cast iron thicknesser bed, ali infeed and outfeed.

260mm width, thicknesser capacity approx 150mm.

good results after i finely tuned my fence.

jeff

Hi Goldeneye,

Reply above is accurate on descriptions. Wasn't used because when I set my workshop up I equipped it to do almost anything woodworking with the intention of making small furniture and anything else woody. Did beginnings of courses but lost interest. Coming from a art/design background the turning side seemed more appropriate and it took over. All the other equipment has remained largely unused. I now have a severe space problem so have to get rid of stuff I can't justify holding onto.

Mostly influenced by American woodturners like Michael Peterson for instance. My own background and training is also a source of ideas and thinking/doing.

Best wishes
Phil

Phil, I'm definitely interested mate.

But a friend of mine says his boss might have one going really cheap (not as good as your model, but will do the business) But I'd rather have yours off you as it's newer and in better condition. But I have cash-flow problems @ the mo, so will try and sort some short term cash to lend (the bank of the old man I think!) ha-ha!

Can you PM me your postcode so that I can get some haulage costs, because I am a long way away from you in The Peak District. I got quotes from Parcel2Go for 60-75 quid! But I sometimes use Shiply.co.uk, and they are usually a great deal cheaper as they are individual couriers.

I don't mean to mess you around with details, and hope that no-one snaps it up before me. Thanks for your time mate :)

_Dan

Just to keep you updated Phil: I've posted a listing on Shiply but not had any replies yet. I guess as it's the weekend then no-one's been looking on the site. I really don't mean to mess you around taking too much time to decide. But I don't really wanna pay that much for the just the delivery of it!

So if you do decide that you need to get rid of it ASAP, then I totally understand if it goes to someone else. :)

Simon Calder: You sent the email to me and not Phil! or maybe as well as Phil, i don't know. ha-ha! :)

Latest posts

Back