Ebonised pierced glitter bowl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is club night and yet another competition, well I managed to complete this bowl yesterday only after twisting wrong while washing the car and Cucumbering my back in agony all day yesterday and today.

Also a short video hopefully showing the glitter effect even though the glitter does sparkle in red,green,blue and silver which is not that clear in the video. Hopefully will get some photo's up soon as well.

Luckily at the club tomorrow I will be sat down all day.

https://youtu.be/zeJqLcWGa54

That's different, trust you to show off lacquer work just now, tried to do a simple bit of black ebonising late this afternoon only to get it all wrong and walked away in disgust and had a good burn up of shrub trimming debris for an hour, felt a lot better.

CHJ":30fyal69 said:
That's different, trust you to show off lacquer work just now, tried to do a simple bit of black ebonising late this afternoon only to get it all wrong and walked away in disgust and had a good burn up of shrub trimming debris for an hour, felt a lot better.

I find that not only do you need a great finish with the sanding and a very even coat of each layer of ebonising spray followed by the top coat is that any flaw will show up I did a piece a while ago and it took three attempts to get it right this one I took my time which took three days just to get everything right. The added worry is that it took another coat of varnish which is the carrier for the glitter.

The bowl looks great Derek... the glitter gives a superb effect doesn't it - I was a bit dubious when I first saw it, but after I used it on my last project I was really impressed with it.

:D

Stiggy":opyox3gm said:
The bowl looks great Derek... the glitter gives a superb effect doesn't it - I was a bit dubious when I first saw it, but after I used it on my last project I was really impressed with it.

:D

Thank you for that. Yes with some finishes it tends to look better in the hand than a photo. I am pleased with it and it came a respectful joint first

A couple of photo's as well

DSCF6918_zps0vityta5.jpg

DSCF6917_zpsmmtg7bmy.jpg

Latest posts

Back