Ebay find - mysterious table saw-

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to be honest most of the safety issues you see depend on where you read them USA or UK. There certainly is more chance of kickback with a fence that goes right across, however one that goes right across that is clamped BOTH sides in true alignment should not cause a problem.

Studying you're pics, it looks very much as if the riving knife you have that also holds/supports the guard,
is bolted or fixed from the outside at the very rear of the saw, (A pic, if possible, would be good)!
If this is the case, You just need to get another made to extend the riving knife as it is to within 6, or 8 mm of the blade teeth shape, and the same thickness.
It looks as you have rise and fall ability you may be able to allow for this, And get a new one made,
If you haven't seen it, Here's a link to the HSE "leaflet"on saw safety, tells you all about it.
Regards Rodders

Hi all

Thanks for your replies. I am so busy at the moment that I don't really have time to work on the saw. Unfortunately, I'd love to be in the position of taking a few days to really bring up this saw to scratch but for the foreseeable future it doesn't look likely.

So I am considering parting with this beauty. It pains me, but I can't afford to work for a tool at the moment, I need a tool that works for me.

Mostly the main issue is dust collection: I should build a bigger cabinet to enclose the saw completely and avoid sending dust all over the workshop. It would probably deserve some kind of table expansion at the rear. All this modifications are doable but require more time and dedication that I can muster at this time.

But it runs smooth and true, and fitted with a new blade performs the cleanest cut I have ever had from a tool, so there's definitely lots of potential.

I thought I'd put it out there in case anyone might be interested or knows someone who might. I'm gonna post in the for sale section later today, thought I'd give you guys a heads up ;)

Cheerio

A

Wildman":3rdpxbct said:
to be honest most of the safety issues you see depend on where you read them USA or UK. There certainly is more chance of kickback with a fence that goes right across, however one that goes right across that is clamped BOTH sides in true alignment should not cause a problem.

Well unless the timber has internal stresses and bends in an unfortunate way. That's where a riving knife provides some protection too.

well I finally got to the workshop didn't start the genny so a bit dark and could not see the thicknessing plate but do have one

looking for £150, cast iron bed.

Latest posts

Back