EB-3 Miter Guide for £85-£90

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi ,

Lots of people seem to ask where can i get an EB3 http://www.osbornemfg.com/close-up.htm

I was thinking :idea: if there were several people interested in getting an EB3 I could put in a large order and save us all some postal charges and maybe get a small volume discount.

I have done some quick calcs and think it would be circa £85-£90 + uk postage per unit inclusive of import duty , VAT and handling charges. If there is enough interest I will investigate further.

Regards
:?: :?:

Hi Phil, that's very good of you. I would be up for it. I gather from the guys here that it is highly recommended, and of course if it's good enough for Norm........
Cheers

I'd be interested but I dont think it would fit the slot on my EB PK200.
Does anyone know?
regards, beejay

Dratt and double dratt dat dratt. :roll:
Had mine come the other day :D
Took just over 2 weeks to get here.Tis a great bit o kit.

Paul.J.

£85-£90 seems too high,

The EB-3 is currently on offer at $109. At the current exchange rate that is £53.
3.5% inport duty will be £1.85 (which I believe will be waived)
VAT at 17.5% will be £9.27
Handing charges, based on Royal Mail will be £8

Total £72.12 + P&P

That is before any volume discount.

£85-£90 seems too high,

Postage from the states would be at least another £20 approx, then you pay VAT on that so add at least another £3.50 - so totaling about £96 plus for a single order.

ecp":1z34p16m said:
Postage from the states would be at least another £20 approx, then you pay VAT on that so add at least another £3.50 - so totaling about £96 plus for a single order.

Yes but Phil's price is plus postage as well.

Yes but Phil's price is plus postage as well.

That shouldn't be more than about £11 inc vat. So the price difference is marginal.

This is always the problem importing goods from the States.
The cheapest way to import is sea freight, but for that you need to have a large consignment (at least a cube pallet) - and that's a lot of products, and it can take several weeks for stuff to arrive.

Air freight can get cheaper pro-rata as the weight increases, but the saving is marginal, usually not enough to offset the forwarding on of items in UK once they arrive.

It is usually because of the shipping costs that US products sold in the UK appear to be just US $ prices relabeled as £, particularly for low value items (up to about £400) that are not light. Then people complain that they are being ripped off by UK suppliers - which is sometimes true, but not in most cases.

But thats a subject for another topic.

Cost me $168.00 for the EB3 and postage,from the states,including Paypal charges $6.00,then another £21.00 when it arrived here.17.5% vat which was £13.00,plus £8.00 clearance fees.
I did ask why i was been charged this and was told that anything imported goes through the same system and is charged accordingly.
Paul.J.

PaulJ wrote,

I did ask why i was been charged this and was told that anything imported goes through the same system and is charged accordingly.

Not everyone gets charged, I have placed a few orders and to date I have got away without paying a penny, and as I said above, Neil did not pay anything either. Don't asked me how, it's just the luck of the draw, and a common topic on here. Some members get charged and some don't. Maybe it has something to do with how busy they are.

Cheers

Mike

I guess your right Mike,and they Just tell people that,who enquire about it to cover themselves.
Still happy with the price though. :D
Paul.J.

Just a pity that there is no outlet for them and other stuff over here. :roll: Save all the worrying over the post and how it will arrive here.
Me being a worrier :roll:
Paul.J.

Yes Mike i have received it,as i said just took over 2 weeks to get here.
But it was a concern to me buying from the states in case anything did go wrong,like getting damaged,or lost in transit.Just didn't want the rigmarole of sorting it all out,but these concerns were unfounded i'm glad to say.Even got my Delta Tenoning jig while i was at it :D :D in for a penny...............
So will order again me thinks. :D Though i have got all i need,for now :wink:
Paul.J.

Paul I had the same worries when I placed my first order, but after that I found it is no different then ordering something locally. Alright if you got a bad company and something went wrong I might feel different, but so far it has been excellent.

Cheers

Mike

Back