East Midlands Woodworking & Powertool Show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worth the trip if you're local just to see Andrew Hall. I've seen his demos twice now, and can't fault his skills in terms of turning and presentation. Really pleasant bloke who is perfectly happy to allow the audience to handle his work at each stage, and will happily natter afterwards.

I might get to this one. Having not been before, what can I expect to see? Is it worthwhile if I don't have any machinery purchases to make in the next few years?

marcros":180l266f said:
Having not been before, what can I expect to see?
A massive big shed full of people interested in wood, and loads of folk selling stuff. :D
I never have any money to spend when these things are on, so don't worry on that front. There are usually smaller things on sale, like exotic hardwoods, hand tools, pen parts. I think the last Nelton show I was at had an endessgreen stand. The bloke there was happy to spend ages talking about the pen stuff and how to get the best out of it, knowing full well he wasn't getting a sale. I think the last show I attended, I had about £40-£50 in my pocket and came home with change.
One thing to look out for if you're in the market, is a company selling used turning tools. They sell quality tools, which looks like liquidation stuff from closed businesses, (which is quite sad) all at bargain prices. I've seen these guys at a few events now.
The demonstrators are always very popular, but do several demos as the day goes on. If you miss something first time round, there's a better than good chance you will see it again.
The bigger machinery sellers usually have machines set up so you can see them working. Health & Safety and/or liability insurance don't normally allow punters to have a go. Always remember though, these guys are set up to sell stuff, so will make their machines look spectacular.
Finally, let folk on here know what you look like, and an idea of what you will be wearing and everyone will beat a path to your door to have a yap. Members are normally to be found round about the food....... \:D/

Tazmaniandevil":ti1vfikh said:
Worth the trip if you're local just to see Andrew Hall. I've seen his demos twice now, and can't fault his skills in terms of turning and presentation. Really pleasant bloke who is perfectly happy to allow the audience to handle his work at each stage, and will happily natter afterwards.

Andrew is a really nice guy and very good demonstrator, this is a video of him from one of last years shows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_zh_r4a6aI

We will be on stand 78 and 79, last year was a great show and this one promises to be even better.

Cheers Peter

Latest posts

Back