Easel Project Help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard in Smithville

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish to build an easel for my nephew. Matthew has Cerebral Palsy and cannot sit or stand unaided. He loves to paint and colour and the therapist has suggested that a magnetic board will help with his dexterity. I basically know what I want to do but to design it around Matthew's limited abilities kind of has me stumped. If anyone has some experience with this kind of project or can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Richard,

I am just making an easel for a magazine project and have found magnetic blackboard paint! Yes, really, you just paint it on a piece of hardboard or similar and you have a magnetic board that can also be chalked on. I bought a cheap white board for the other side, discarded the frame and set it in my own,

Hope this helps.

Alan

I make easels for various art shops, most of these are small table top types for displaying artworks, perhaps that would be a way to go.

Have tried the magnetic paint, not impressed

as far as the magnetic stuff goes, i would ask your local car sign company, there is a plastic which attaches to van or truck sides magnetically.

as for the easel, i would think there are two problems. your young friend will need something to hang on to whilst drawing. maybe if the board starts at nearer floor level that would help. how strong are the client's legs
maybe you should think of the easel attached to one side of the chair
that might make it less easy to fall over.

hope this helps too.
paul :wink:

Back